I've been playing guitar for almost 4 years now and I'm finally looking to upgrade from my 10 watt marshall, but I'm not sure what amp to choose and would like some suggestions. I play mostly Metalcore and punk rock, so a big concern for me is the quality of the distortion channel. Ideally I'd like a combo amp in the 30-40 watt range, something that can be used for both bedroom practice and small gigs.

Thanks
What's your budget? The answer's probably some variety of 6505 regardless, but it would be useful to know.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
At $300 USD your not quite at Tube amp budget yet , But there's quite a few decent modeling amps within your price range , The Boss Katana's are getting really good reviews and the 50w 1x12 runs about $200, the 100w 2x12 about $329, There's also a few other good 1x12's out there in that $200 range, The Peavey Vyper VIP 2 is another good one with plenty of onboard effects, Although looks to be a bit too technical for my old school ass, The reason I suggest a 12 inch speaker is for use as a small giging amp, They tend to cut through the mix a lot better than the smaller 8 and 10 inch speakers,
Yup, Peavey Vypyr VIP 2 is what you're looking for, or VIP 3 if you want to spend the whole 300.
Yeah, on that kind of budget I think Peavey Vypyrs tend to be the go-to metal amp.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Peavey is always a good choice for metal distortion. Keep an eye out for a used Bandit 112 aswell. Less onboard effects, but great built in distortion.
Also Jet City or used Peavy Valve King.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY