Poll: Seriously, why do girls take so many selfies?
Poll Options
View poll results: Seriously, why do girls take so many selfies?
Because they want to feel emotionally validated and feel like they are hot!
6 12%
Because they crave attention and "likes" from their followers.
10 20%
Women are beautiful and majestic creatures, that's why.
18 35%
I don't know, women are weird.
5 10%
The Grand Canyon was created when Godzilla did a cannonball from the sky!
12 24%
Voters: 51.
Page 1 of 2
Combination of ego-stroking along with societal pressures that places a higher importance on female physical attractiveness and desires to live up to perceived social norms
Check out my band Disturbed
Because they're all vain attention whores. Every single one of them. *

*Apart from the ones that aren't.
I have nothing important to say
the same reason certain people only take pictures of half their face

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
i took a selfie for a girl on tinder once.

succeeded in looking both utterly confused and uncomfortable.

i had douche chills for the next half hour.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
same reason as guys who take so many selfies

and do you notice the girls who don't take many selfies/take none?

I don't really associate with boys or girls who take a lot of selfies though. "unfollow" on fb is pretty great for this since you're still friends but don't have to see their shit

the most prolific selfie friend I've head was a guy who all he does is gym and would put up pics like once per hour, and I don't think he ever does anything else other than work out and browse fitness topics online (he's a personal trainer too so if he's not talking about his workout, it's about someone else's). only friends with the guy because we were alright in school and he's not really a bad guy outside of the narcissism.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
guys who complain about girls taking selfies are some of the most annoying people on the planet
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Guys don't get to complain about girls' selfies until guys stop taking and sending unsolicited dick pics. Work on your own problems first.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Last edited by aig91 at Jan 6, 2017,
a e s t h e t i c s
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

What I've always wanted to know is why ten years ago you couldn't even take a picture of a girl because any time you pointed a camera on her she'd look away and cover her face while all the dudes didn't give a shit.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Pink Floyd

#Ziggy2017
Quote by Wolfinator-x
What I've always wanted to know is why ten years ago you couldn't even take a picture of a girl because any time you pointed a camera on her she'd look away and cover her face while all the dudes didn't give a shit.

It's different when they are the ones taking the pics though. I know girls that will take like 40 or more pics so they can get the prefect selfie to post on facebook or where ever. Someone else taking the pic you only get one maybe two shots unless it's like pros taking pictures.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I fucking hate having my picture taken
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
I fucking hate having my picture taken
This. I don't need reminding that I'm really fucking ugly.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It's really fun to take pictures of yourself, especially when you experiment with angles and lightning and props.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ShadowProphet
I wanna know!

CAN YA SHOOOOW ME
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by theogonia777
It's really fun to take pictures of yourself, especially when you experiment with angles and lightning and props.
yeah it's literally just this

the crusty losers who complain about selfies wouldn't know but it's nice to look nice basically

also i can use my instagram feed for reference on when i got such-and-such piercing and how fluffy my hair was a year ago which is useful stuff
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Who cares?

Like I think it's dumb, but so what? I'm sure I do things other people think are dumb, but they're fun, or they make me feel good about myself, or for some other reason they improve my experience in some fashion. As long as they're not hurting anyone, why does it matter?

#LetPeopleHaveFunAgain
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Who cares?

Like I think it's dumb, but so what? I'm sure I do things other people think are dumb, but they're fun, or they make me feel good about myself, or for some other reason they improve my experience in some fashion. As long as they're not hurting anyone, why does it matter?

#LetPeopleHaveFunAgain
in all fairness, with my face I probably am hurting people
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
Quote by K33nbl4d3
in all fairness, with my face I probably am hurting people

Yeah but those people were asking for it
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by chrismendiola
"Why do women like flowers?"

- me, 2016, and also every other year

Dude, you don't like flowers?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by theogonia777

but I don't find that fun so it must be stupid and this generation will end humanity and stuff.
i hate posing for pictures.

i prefer people to take candid shots. looks way more natural.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Guys, you don't get to complain about our selfies when women are still primarily valued on the basis of looks. You can't hold up the societal idea that women are to be judged by appearance, and then complain that some women want to show their appearance off.

...But honestly, i take a bunch because I'm insecure about my appearance and want some kind of reassurance that i look alright. I just don't tend to share them with other people.
Narcissism, vanity, the need for constant validation in an insecure society that depends on acceptance on social media to maintain their self esteem.

I call it the "look at me" syndrome.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jan 6, 2017,
the only real issue i have with selfies are duckface pictures and selfie sticks, but those two are kind of their own separate things.

even "real issue" sounds too harsh.

minor annoyance maybe?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
the only real issue i have with selfies are duckface pictures and selfie sticks, but those two are kind of their own separate things.

even "real issue" sounds too harsh.

minor annoyance maybe?

Duck lips are the worst!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by ehbacon
but I don't find that fun so it must be stupid and this generation will end humanity and stuff.

Well you're an ugly little cretin so of course it isn't fun for you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Evilnine
Duck lips are the worst!
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan
Page 1 of 2