Hi.

Just bought a new Ibanez RG350DXZ. It's my electric guitar and I don't know what to look for.

I already inspected the finish, the straightness of the neck and the fret board and I found a few small problems.
The first is the finish in the inner part of the bridge and then there are the dark spots (,which I can get rid of), on the neck. I have images attached.

If I missed any other part that I should inspect or if you have any opinion whether the 2 small problems are serious and I should return my guitar
please leave a reply.

Thank you in advance.
Attachments:
GuitarPic.pdf
That is nothing that I would worry about, just looks like a little crap left over from the binding glue, with the neck. I didn't see an issue under the bridge, the tremelo cavities aren't usually finished to the same smoothness as the top, if that trem swings smoothly from front to back its likely fine.

Take it to a shop and have them check the intonation and set up, if there are any glaring issues pretty much any half competent tech should catch them quickly if you are that worried about it.
tripped1
Thank you for your reply.
So the neck doesn't have any problem (little dirt). With the finish near the bridge, I went over it again and think that there's a little chip (the grey part) but it shouldn't be a problem.
I will go consult a technician. Thank you.
I assume that when you bought this guitar, that you know how to set up the Floyd Rose style bridge?

If you don't, then that's something you'll need to learn how to do yourself. And also realise that while Floyds can be great when they're set up and taken care of, they require a lot more work to get them set up right and for beginners that can be very frustrating. It's part of the reason why Floyds are usually not recommended for total novices.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It's part of the reason why Floyds are usually not recommended for total novices.

Ooooops

It is a learning curve....
None of those things on the pictures are a problem. Its just minor imperfections that you can kinda expect on an instrument of this price point. And it shouldnt impact the playability in any way.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Looks fine. It's a RG350DXZ made in Indonesia. Not Ibanez's premiere Japan factory. Those small imperfections are to be expected.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I assume that when you bought this guitar, that you know how to set up the Floyd Rose style bridge?

If you don't, then that's something you'll need to learn how to do yourself. And also realise that while Floyds can be great when they're set up and taken care of, they require a lot more work to get them set up right and for beginners that can be very frustrating.

That couldn't be more true. If you've learned how to correctly set up a floyd that's great but if it's becoming frustrating I'd recommend blocking it off for now just to simplify things for yourself. There's plenty of tutorial videos for this around.