I'm looking for a cheap practice combo amp for around $200, I'm looking for something with around 30-40 watts of power and at the moment I'm thinking of choosing between a marshall mg30cfx and a fender champion 40. What are your opinions and can you recommend me something similar?
With that low of a budget, I'd be looking at the boss Katana or Peavey Vyper VIP 2. At least with those you would get a 12" speaker.

I wouldn't buy an MG, the Vyper is better and the Fender will suck at metal.
Last edited by Grawgos at Jan 7, 2017,
Grawgos And how about the fender champion II v2? It also got a 12 inch speaker and you can also download presets to it through the fender fuse software
30-40 watt tube amp is enough to play with a drummer. With a solid state amp 30-40 watt the amp would struggle. You should be looking in the 60-100W range if you would like to play with a drummer. i got a fender Frontman 212R used for a 150 euro. It is a bit big and bulky with 2 speakers but it works for me. If I am going to leave it somewhere for practice sessions I am not leaving a lot of money. A 65W variant would have been enough. I have a Marshall MG not sure of the name but it is a 30W amp. Not loud enough to play with a drummer and the distorted tones are as bad as the Fender amp.
Used peavey vypyr tube 60 , I've also seen some blackheart combos going super cheap used lately
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Blackheart can't do metal. Blackheats were only 1W, 5W, 15 watts and 100. The 100 watt is only a head and still 600+used.

I have the Handsome Devil, awesome amp but can't do metal without a pedal.
Quote by zoltan_halasz
Grawgos And how about the fender champion II v2? It also got a 12 inch speaker and you can also download presets to it through the fender fuse software

I think you mean the Fender Mustang II v2 instead of the Champion.
No MG or Champion. They are the wrong tools for your music. Vypyr or Jet City would be much more useful tone machines.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY