I must warn you that I'm more of a gear-builder than a player. The first clip in particular is an assault on your ears.

Before:
https://clyp.it/5ikbnn2q

After:
https://clyp.it/rycdk5pz

Now here's what you're hearing - In the first clip it's a Duncan Designed humbucker that I pulled from a Squier Strat. I've read that it's supposed to be distantly inspired by the "Screamin' Demon" pickup. In the second clip you're hearing a Fender Custom Shop "Shawbucker 2" humbucker. I got it for a Christmas present and I just installed it today.

I think it's a pretty big improvement. I would say that it's clearly more articulate. It's got a noticably lower output.

I've seen people who list out the gear that they used to record stuff but I think it's enough just to say that I put a cheap microphone in front of a Roland Micro-Cube that has a hole in the speaker.
^ lol

That does sound a fair bit nicer, even through a microcube. Interesting it's a fair bit lower output, too- I don't think the screamin' demon is actually all that hot? maybe the DD version isn't that close of a copy...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc

I was really surprised that you could hear such a difference. I've bought in to the idea that the amp is responsible for most of what we hear, but this was a pretty clear improvement. I learned something new.

Thanks for listening.