I got a Fender Champion 100 and I use a Jackson guitar.
I like to play Thrash metal, Prog and heavy metal music but I don't like the distortion of my amp and it doesn't sounds right.
Can I get the right tone with my amp and using a distortion pedal? I was thinking of the M116 Fullbore Metal pedal. I like to play some Megadeth, Pantera and Dream Theater stuff.
Or maybe you can recommend me another way to get the tone I want.
You can get closeish, but Fender doesn't make amps truly suited to metal. Maybe the closest would be those in the new Bassbreaker line. Most others will get you as far as say...80's hard rock and metal...with a good set of dirt pedals, but won't do the more modern high-gain stuff.

That's why I- a happy Fender HRD owner- just put down a deposit on an Orange TH30.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Prosonic, Supersonic, Machete...

Think Fender made an awful ss called the MetalHead at one point but I'd stay away from that.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Wrong guitar Dude, Go find an old Mosrite Ventures Mark II, You'll be a Thrash Metal God!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
EVH 5153 is the Fender amp you want for metal.

+1
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
A new amp is the best answer but what is your budget?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .