I bought my LTD EC-1000 about 2 months ago second hand, was so overwhelmed by the low low price and excitement that the guitar felt and sounded flawless to me. After the honeymoon period the glow wore off, and I noticed the horrible horrible buzz. Low E from open to 24 buzzes badly, it looks like maybe a fret needs to be reset, low is practically touching the first fret wire, all three low strings buzz but the E is the worst, Neck relief looks about perfect, brought it to my guitar guy one day as a walk in and raised my action on me and banged a fret in and cleaned her up but none of these things came close to solving the buzz

Is there anything I can do short of redoing all of the frets and just cranking up the action? This is an ec-1000 here I'd like to keep it low low ya know know
If it buzzes on the 24th fret, then its obviously something else, not the frets. I had a similar problem once, and i figured out that one of the screws in the bridge was somehow loose and it kept vibrating in the bridge. So maybe check that.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I've been working on/fighting with my EC-1001 as well - trying to fix/reduce the fret buzz. I like my action low but this guitar doesn't play nicely.

Mine has a Floyd and the locking nut needed to be lowered to fix the action on the low frets but It still buzzes. The shop just told me that these LTD guitars buzz . . .

I bought a fret rocker and sure enough there are several frets that need some work. My MIJ Jacksons that don't buzz have much, much more even frets at way lower action.

I'm currently looking for a shop to do the fret work since the first one didn't want to touch it evidently - which in that case I don't want them to touch it either.

I got a great deal on my guitar too and with all of this work I'll be just over even with used prices but hopefully with a great neck in the end.

I also highly suggest measuring things like neck relief so you have a reference for when things change. It took a while for the neck to settle in - the guitar was unplayable when I received it from Canada to Virginia and it took several truss rod adjustments.

For what it's worth my E-II Eclipse doesn't have these same issues.

So I'm short, find a reputable Shop that can level the frets and properly cut your nut and take the perspective that you ended up with a fantastic playing guitar at a normal used price.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Yes I do have a local shop thats pretty renowned around here, just always has quite a long wait and Id hate to not have it that long. I know its not the bridge or anything because aside from buzz the notes are just dead the pitch is there but just very dull with a lot of buzz, its that bad plugged in but its just disheartening. Thanks for the advice
If anyone has a tip to maybe improve it for the time being that'd be great, I picked up some new strings I'm going to give that a shot too
Quote by zquesti0nmark7
Yes I do have a local shop thats pretty renowned around here, just always has quite a long wait and Id hate to not have it that long. I know its not the bridge or anything because aside from buzz the notes are just dead the pitch is there but just very dull with a lot of buzz, its that bad plugged in but its just disheartening. Thanks for the advice
If anyone has a tip to maybe improve it for the time being that'd be great, I picked up some new strings I'm going to give that a shot too

There's not much you can do until the frets are leveled. Assuming that is the actual problem. Don't worry; leveling the frets is not as expensive as many people think. I had the frets leveled on my Epiphone having worn them flat over the years and it only cost about £40. And boy did it make a difference.

I'd hang fire on restringing the guitar until the problem is sorted. It just a waste of strings if you're going to get the guitar worked on in the near future.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee