Page 1 of 2
I had thought of getting a sticker to cover it.
Gear4music does not have such a nice ring to it as Gibson or Fender.
When the blue light flashes I am kidding.
Everyone has to start somewhere.

Don't be tempted to put a Gibson or Fender sticker on it, but aside from that just go with anything you like.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Everyone has to start somewhere.

Don't be tempted to put a Gibson or Fender sticker on it, but aside from that just go with anything you like.

I'm finding it hard to find a sticker, It needs to completely cover the existing one. Rickenbacker isn't even long enough.
Just deal with it.

Putting a sticker over the name isn't going to make it any more than what it is.

If you don't like it, then why did you buy it?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Put black electrical tape over it. Then everyone will wonder what make it is.
Or repaint the headstock?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Just deal with it.

Putting a sticker over the name isn't going to make it any more than what it is.

If you don't like it, then why did you buy it?

I don't want to make it any more than what it is. I like what it is and TBH that's why I bought it, not for a name. I bought a Fender because of how it played, not because it had Fender on it. I had a Gibson SG and never liked it even though it was a Gibson.
I'd rather have "ultimateGuitar.com" on it. That's a thought, does the forum do stickers?
Cover it with a sticker(s) for a band you like. Or My Little Pony.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I have a few guitars with First Act logos on them. Doesn't bother me a bit. Granted high end US custom shop models but they sure do confuse some of the logo snobs
Take a picture of your junk. You may need to enlarge the picture to fit the headstock. Place picture of junk on the headstock with tape. Make every gear snob who intends to judge you for the name on your headstock feel awkward / turned on. Profit.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by ThunderPunk
Take a picture of your junk. You may need to enlarge the picture to fit the headstock. Place picture of junk on the headstock with tape. Make every gear snob who intends to judge you for the name on your headstock feel awkward / turned on. Profit.

An interesting idea.....................you never know I just might try it.
Nail polish remover will take that sucker right off. Did it on my guitar actually. Not because I was ashamed of the name but because I was an idiot kid at the time who didn't care.
diabolical
Quote by diabolical
Just take a few letters out and spell something else

Hmmm...

"ear sic"
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by drummer365
Nail polish remover will take that sucker right off. Did it on my guitar actually. Not because I was ashamed of the name but because I was an idiot kid at the time who didn't care.

Won't the nail polish remover remove more than I want though?
To me, it's a bit like having an advert for something like Google or Yahoo on there.

I think I have a few solutions:
I can use a very fancy fret marker decal is one. Only 99p for a set and I am guessing the widest will cover it but for 99p it's worth trying.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222305735951?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The other is I have some Gears of War stickers (I am addicted to the game) and one is a small lancer sticker which is dead right sizewise. I also have the GoW red skull stickers that will fit between the machine heads. See, I am a kid at heart!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiXx56IlrfRAhUGVhoKHVeIDzwQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgearsofwar.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2FMark_2_Lancer_Assault_Rifle&psig=AFQjCNEn2u322XAPXc2DglpdnESWp767Fg&ust=1484123775841579
Quote by dannyalcatraz
diabolical

Hmmm...

"ear sic"

Yesssss, I am struggling with this one too. Like ear us.
"Ge m"
"ar mus"
"4 us"

Quote by monwobobbo
Thread was moved to forum: Electric Guitar

helijohn

well since nowhere in this thread was it being acoustic mentioned I made an assumption. only electric guitars got any mention so not much of a stretch.
monwobobbo

You aren't the only one.

It looks like a decal that could be sanded or scraped off, then polish the finish. You could then apply another decal, with something like "Gibtone"* or "Fenson" on it.

*That might be infringing an Indian trademark.
the guy with a screaming skull on the pick guard is worried about the name on the headstock
Quote by monwobobbo
helijohn

well since nowhere in this thread was it being acoustic mentioned I made an assumption. only electric guitars got any mention so not much of a stretch.

It's much the same whether solid or acoustic so no worries. You made me realise I hadn't made it clear anyway.
Quote by Tony Done
monwobobbo apply another decal, with something like "Gibtone"* or "Fenson" on it.

*That might be infringing an Indian trademark.

I'll take a close look to see if it is lacquered. A sticker over could be removed later if I wanted to restore it.
Just put a sticker over it and call it a day.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by monwobobbo
the guy with a screaming skull on the pick guard is worried about the name on the headstock

Don't really notice it when I am playing and the guitar was getting scratched before I slapped it on which I did notice.

I tried to find a sticker to match for the headstock. I might be adding the Gears of War red skulls - can't stop myself.
its the music made by the instrument that counts not the name on the headstock. if you are playing something good on it then hopefully people will be to busy listening to be concerned with the name on the headstock.
Quote by ThunderPunk
Just put a sticker over it and call it a day.

Yup, agreed.
Quote by ThunderPunk

Why not just go all out and get the legendary Wangcaster?
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
He's probably got too small of a...budget.

It's a poor quality picture but I have used a fret sticky to cover up the name.
I can sorta' relate. When someone asks what model my Jackson bolt on is I shudder to tell them it's a Dinky.
If you want to cover it then fine but don't try to put another brand of guitar like Gibson or Fender on it thats just not right.

Quote by chaosinsues5
I can sorta' relate. When someone asks what model my Jackson bolt on is I shudder to tell them it's a Dinky.

No reason to be ashamed of owning a DINKY especially a DKMGT which is a great guitar Dinky may not be the most masculine sounding name but it has a purpose to designate the body as a 7/8 sice compared to a full size Strat body, nothing wrong with a bolt on either. I have three bolt on Dinkys all MIJ a DMKG, DKMGT, and a DXMG as well as a 1989 MIJ Charvel Fusion Custom that is a bolt-on.

LOL if you are embaressed to say "Dinky" just call it a DKMGT which is a mouthful hence the reason most of us just call them Dinky's, a word that is typically respected in the guitar community.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Feb 1, 2017,
Evilnine

Dude, there's no bigger Jackson fanboy online than me, and I do choose to call it a DKMGT, but I'm in no way ashamed of the name.

I have no issue explaining to people the reasoning behind the name, either, but I'm on a long list of Jackson fans that agree it's not as cool as Soloist, Warrior or King V.

I mean 'Dinky' is also a slang word for penis.

And, to be clear, it's absurd for anyone to think a bolt on is inferior, so if you're assuming I was doing that, I don't know how you got that from my comment. I was simply pointing out the main spec that makes it a Dinky, not a Soloist.
My 2011 DKMGT is EVERY bit the guitar my USA SL2HT is at 1/3 the price. I tell people this daily.
Last edited by chaosinsues5 at Feb 1, 2017,
Let's be honest: if you say it the right way, damn near any word- real or imagined- can be slang for penis.

Page 1 of 2