Earlier I got some new strings for my guitar, but ever since then I've been having issues with how the guitar sounds. Basically, every time I hold down on a fret and strum, the sound of the note is fine but there's this metallic sound that comes with it, I think it's because the strings are too close to the neck so when I hold my finger on a fret, the string touches the metal bars that separate the notes which causes the weird metallic sound. Also, when I push my finger hard on a fret, the noise it produces sounds different to how it normally sounds. As an example, let's say I hold my finger down on fret 3 of the low E string and strum, it makes the normal sound (and the metallic sound of course) but if I push my finger down on the string harder, it makes a more deep sound as if I was bending the string. I also have my guitar tuned to Drop D.
what you need to do is a truss rod adjustment. There's a little cover on the headstock, u just take that off and then find the allen key that fits and turn it clockwise like one turn
The metallic sound is probably fret buzz.

Yes, pressing down harder will make notes go sharp (more tension).

I suggest that you read the setup stickie and/or watch some setup videos.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by MetalShredder98
what you need to do is a truss rod adjustment. There's a little cover on the headstock, u just take that off and then find the allen key that fits and turn it clockwise like one turn

Please don't do this unless you really know what you are doing and turning the truss rod a whole turn at once means you don't know what you're doing. . .
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by MetalShredder98

No. Don't do that.
Double check on the very last fret. If the metallic sound is still there even when there are no frets to buzz on it cant be fret buzz. Dont know what guitar it is but i would raise the bridge first if it is fretbuzz