i narrowed it down to a squier affinity stratocaster (orange :P), keep in mind i'm on a tight budget. what do you guys think about the affinity?

has anyone tried the squier affinity? anything i should know before investing please please please tell me.
i'm getting it to play live with my friends in a band. mainly punk and fuzzed up songs. how will the guitar handle and sound?

thanks all.
Quote by Udjine
kringekidtaco Hi, that's rather popular model, and there you can find a lot of reviews: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/squier/affinity_strat/index.html
Yeah, but there are a lot of bad ones to sift through.

I started on an Affinity; you can do a lot worse for the money but you can also do a lot better (if you're not already) by looking at used options for the same money. If you're into Strats (if you could be more specific on the sounds you want that'd be helpful, but in principle a Strat should be fine for that kind of thing), used Squier Vintage Modified stuff, for example, which I've found to be a pretty noticeable step up from the Affinities, can sometimes be had for the same kind of money as a new Affinity. Likewise Epiphone G-400s which are a pretty good option too. There's more options than that, of course, but my point is basically just take a look at the used market.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Affinities are OK but the pickups are on the weak side. with a good setup they can be made to play pretty well. as mentioned going used would give you way more options. the Epi G-400 would likely better suite your needs.
The ones I'm interested in are:
Vintage modified jaguar
Squier deluxe stratocaster
Squier surf stratocaster

In my price range^
Can anyone tell me about these? Using for a fuzzy and foo fightery sounding tone btw.

I know you guys might say the deluxe is best hands down, but please tell me about the others if you're going to comment which one i should get.

I've looked over the affinity and many say it isn't worth it, through demos and reviews.
Also. I am using a decent but old Marshall mgfx30

I play Metallica, foo fighters, nirvana and black flag punk rock etc.
Used classic vibe and you'll need a hot rail in the bridge for metallica
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
Used classic vibe and you'll need a hot rail in the bridge for metallica
Agreed, pretty much. CVs are the best Squiers. The Surf Strat is super cool but those lipstick pickups are characterised by a bright, jangly tone that won't do for most heavier stuff. The VM Jag is nice in theory, but takes some work to make it a serviceable guitar (i.e. make the tuning stable - I've been there with that particular model and it wasn't fun) and the limited pickup options thanks to those big covers won't include the humbucker you'd probably want in there for heavier stuff. Both the Deluxe and the CV will be fine, just depends on what features you prefer; for me the CV wins because I prefer vintage-style trems to just deck them and treat them as a hardtail until you want to use them, but see what you can find.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i