Hey guys, i want to create a tone in order to play this song's solo (solo starts at 5:05). The solo is played by guthrie govan as i mentioned in the thread's title. The problem is that when i try to lower my gain, since it's not proper for this song i lose a lot of sustain. On the other hand when i increase the gain the sustain issue is solved but the sound is not okay.

I use a Digitech RP500 and a Jackson sls-3, any tips about configurations about the amp simulation? Any specific effect that i should use?

Thanks in advance!
maby an EBOW
->(2:50)

hers the tutorialfor it ->

the other and maby better bett woud be some gud compressor and volume pedal (can hear some wah movement too)
i could be wrong but i would guess he's using a tube amp up loud. that'll get you sustain, even without much gain (though gain will still help).

so you're probably going to have to do something to sort of compensate for that. a compressor might be the handiest thing since i'm guessing the RP500 already has one in it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I hear a lot of great technique in that solo and thinking it's more about finger vibrato than an effect. sounds like he is using a great amp (or at least a great amp model) with some delay added. things like this are tough to duplicate on a multi-fx unit.
^ yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?