Hello everyone,

i am a beginner (played for 9 month or so) on a squire bullet and the time has come for an upgrade
I enjoy rock and blues and as a beginner i want an all around quitar. So...
I really came down to Ibanez sa260 and Epiphone les paul tribute plus (1960).

The problem with the first one is that is discontinued from 2011 so i am hesitant it costs around 365 Euros an the new model (sa360) in ton sold in my country yet. On the other hand, the EPi is around 540 Euros but i am hesitant due to the fact that the quirai i tryes seems to have quality issues (butons dropping strange noise after volume goes up).

What is your suggestion for a beginner in order to be able play an variety of styles?

Should i go for a discontinued model (that sounded quite similar to a strat) or go for the newer EPi?
They are literally 2 different kinds of guitar. The best thing you can do is play them both and take home the one that feels the best to you. The Ibanez will have a much thinner neck and more tonal options right off the bat since you will have 3 pickups to play around with instead of 2. The Epiphone Tribute guitars are nice and offer some really good features at a decent price point and tend of be a good deal if it's something you like. If you do like the Epiphone and you find its having some electronic issues, maybe let the shop know you have issues with it and see if they can give it a look. What do you mean by the "buttons are making strange noises" ? What kind of noises?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Thank you for your time! When I tried to increase the volume on an fender champion 40 amp ( clean channel to 4 volume ), I heard a dark continues sound. Are both good options for beginner?
Quote by Loukisgr
Thank you for your time! When I tried to increase the volume on an fender champion 40 amp ( clean channel to 4 volume ), I heard a dark continues sound. Are both good options for beginner?

You'll have to be more descriptive than that. Was it a static kind of sound? Does the sound cut out? Is it feeding back? Stuff like that.

Both are fine for beginners. It's up to what you prefer.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
As mentioned you are really comparing two somewhat different guitar types. The Les Paul has humbuckers the Ibanez has two single coils and a humbucker that tend to have different sounds. The Les Paul is a hardtail the Ibanez has a Floyd type vibrato (which for a beginner brings it own challenges). The Les Paul is bigger and heavier and neck dimensions are different. I love Ibanez guitars and own several (though not any like this modal) but I also own two Epi Les Paul Tributes which for the past few years is my favorite guitar to gig with. Like mentioned above hopefully you can try both in person somewhere and pick the one that feels and sounds better to you and the type of music you want to play. You really can't go wrong with either.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Jan 10, 2017,