I've just bought a 6505 piranha mini head, tube preamp going into a solid state.

I haven't actually bought a cab as of yet though, all i have is an old orange crush 20w combo amp.

I've heard you cant actually just plug the head into the input of the combo amp because of the different ohms etc, so is there possibly any way i'd be able to somehow use the combo as just a cabinet?

Also, i have a focusrite scarlett solo, would i be able to plug the head straight into the input and use a cab sim?

Being a little cautious as i know doing certain things can really mess up the head but i just want to be sure!

Cheers in advance,

n00b
The easiest thing to do is to just use the speaker in the Crush 20 by installing a female speaker jack plate on the back of the amp. Route the internal speaker cable out a hole in the back and put a regular male jack on that so you can still use the Crush - just plug the speaker cable in.

When using the Peavey get a regular male to male SPEAKER - NOT INSTRUMENT - cable and plug it into that female speaker jack you put on the Crush.

Or just get another cab for use with the Peavey. . .
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Peavey advertised that amp as being capable of being used as a preamp boost. Its supposed to be able to plug into the front end of another amp. Obviously not using the speaker out but does it have a line out? Headphones out or fx loop that you could use to patch into the orange?
It says you can use it like a preamp into an effects loop but I wouldn't do it. That seems like a lot of power into a power section of an amp. Sounds possible to do, but I'd fear for the Crush's amp being overdriven.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
The Piranha has loop in, loop out jacks on the back of it. I thing what they are talking about is the FX Send into the FX return of another amp just like you can do with any other amps. If there is some sort of other feature then I suggest reading the manual - when in doubt, always RTFM. . .
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
The minimalist controls and robust construction make this a must-have, "Swiss army knife" tool for live and recording use. Use the headphone jack and aux input for practice, connect the effects send to the input of a larger amp to use it as a "6505 preamp driver," great for quick and easy "re-amping", and any number of applications that you can dream up.
Peavey.com
Its supposed to work. Its not in the manual. It might be loud af through the orange, start with everything on 0.
Last edited by geo-rage at Jan 11, 2017,