I have a LP_ copy except instead of a set neck and mahogony, it is a bolt on and it is basswood....ideally one would buy a better guitar but not an option here being disabled.....This is used at bedroom levels using a non-tube Blackstar amp.....would better pickups help? At bedroom volumes using a blackstar ID is body would that big of as deal? I don't have the option otherwise it would make me feel better to know that great pickups with a basswood guitar would be a great choice.....iuf you read my other posts im a diabetic that had some amputation so i'm using a rondo music guitar with basswood body so i was hoping i coulod put great pickups in it and it wo0uld make it great....financially my options are limited so just trying to do the best i can and of course this is only for bedroom levels.
Forget pickups.
Forget body wood.
I don't care about your physical situation; as long as your fingers and brain work, you can play and get great sounds out of that guitar as is.
If you're financially limited, sweating pickups is the very last thing you need to do.

Number two...we're finding that 90% of all cases of type II diabetes can be reversed through a change in diet.
a more to the point answer would be NO. with your current amp it's not likely a pickup change will do much for you. the amp needs to be able to "hear" the differences in the pickups and honestly cheap modeling amps can't really do that. (even more expensive ones have trouble with this.
1) as said above, upgrade your amp first. That will make the biggest change in your sound.

2) don't let your disability & amputations be an excuse to not upgrade your instrument. Tony Iommi lost 2 fingertips on his fretting hand before Black Sabbath released a single thing. Django Reinhardt had only two fully functioning digits on his fretting hand and is a gypsy jazz legend. There's a one-armed bass player and there are guys with no arms playing acoustics.

Bill Clements

Tony Melendez

If anything, a better-made instrument will make playing EASIER. So use your disability as a reason to upgrade.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
A change of speaker might help. I cant recommend one but they CAN make a big difference.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

2) don't let your disability & amputations be an excuse to not upgrade your instrument.

I don't want to put words in his mouth but I think he meant that he can't afford a better guitar because of his disability.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Could be.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!