Poll Options
View poll results: do u have old shit?
aye
18 75%
nay
6 25%
Voters: 24.
Do you guys own any old shit?

I have some family heirlooms that are pretty old.

I have a longsword that's got all kinds of cool artwork on the blade and handle that was forged in 1912

I also have a collection of old Bibles. Most of them were published around the Civil War, but there's one that was published in 1687. I really should get that one placed in a protective case.

Also have a cool ass old wooden chair from Scotland. I think it's from around 1700 but it's impossible to be sure. It's fuckin small and really low to the ground. People were so little back then.

pics encouraged
It was my privilege
I have a collection go glass bottles and some of them are over 100 years old.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
i have a trilobite fossil so that is p old
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.
I have a VCR

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
i have some old cattle horns from my great grandmother's house. gotta be at least from 1950 maybe idk.

all the rest of her good stuff was p much stolen when some scummy relatives went into her house after she died and took what they wanted.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I wish I had a sword.

My grandad gave me a load of old greek coins. That's about it. Dunno where they are.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Most of the hydrogen in my body is only like 300,000 years younger than the universe.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I had your mom last night, but that's about it
Quote by Will Lane
everything is old

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_mass

that goes against God's word you dirty little heathen
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.
Quote by Will Lane
everything is old

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservation_of_massBut every atom that isn't hydrogen has been restored, and the work isn't period correct.

OT, I have a coprolite somewhere around; the watch my great-great granddad got when he retired from his glamourous job in a jute mill; some Roman coinage(mostly 4th century); a mid-19th century copy of Macaulay's Lays of Ancient Rome. Then there's the family's war crap; dad's dad's P1907 sword bayonet and kukri. Nothing fancy.
Quote by Diemon Dave
everything around here is old
Quote by Dreadnought
You can't read very well can you

oh my bad I forgot you were a shitty clone of an already shitty user who contributes nothing but trash LOL my bad
All my shits are old.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I have a very large coin collection, most of them being from my father and grandfather, and a lots came as gift from my brother in law. Lots of rarities from all over the world, I keep them in a thick book with transparent sheets. Hardly any of them are used as currency anymore, and a majority of them date pre-20th century, some as old as 18th century.
Quote by Pizzafan
k.lainad Im going to use twine, tie a broom handle to a pizza, put guitar string on it, and make love to your mom with a pizztar

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by theogonia777
i have a trilobite fossil so that is p old

I have a couple of trilobites as well as other fossils (oh and my wife :p
I have a 3p coin and a copy of the Hobbit both from the 50s. Nothing older than that, as far as I know.
I have nothing important to say
I have an engineering book published in 1910. The first edition of it was published in 1880
Roses are red
Birds love to fly
Existence is pain
I just wanna die
Off the top of my head the only thing I've got is a Nazi Germany War Merit Cross with Swords, 2nd class. Very common so it's inexpensive, but cool nonetheless.
I have an old clock inherited from my grandpa. It's pretty cool, at least 100 years old, but no clue on the exact age.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
My dining room table has been in the family for a good few generations although it's not a particularly fancy one. The sides do fold down to save space though and it's got a cabinet in the centre which supports it.

It took precisely one day of ownership for me to ruin it though. Moved out the day before my cousin's wedding, didn't have an ironing board, so my mum suggested i use the table and put a tea towel down to protect it. It didn't so there's a big white patch on one of the corners now that I'm pretty sure broke my grandad's heart when he saw it.

Coincidentally my grandad's shed is basically a "DIY Tools Through the Ages" museum. He's got chisels from the 1800s that he still uses.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

i own a castle on a hill

suck on that

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car

bring back UG classic
Quote by EndTheRapture51

"Because fuck everyone, that's why"
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by StewieSwan
I also have a collection of old Bibles.

Neat, I love reading old fiction books
I have German Mauser Bolt-Action rifle which was made in Danzig in 1916. It's deactivated and as far as I know was given to my accountant uncle for some work in leiu of pay by veteran from Derbyshire who lived on a farm.

I also own a flintlock flare gun from presumably the early 19th century. Don't really know anything about this one. I also have a lot of my grandparents Masonic medals and stuff like that. I think my dads side of the family were quite big into it as they were all Police Officers.
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
I have a silver dollar from 1892, a Kay guitar from the early 60s, a Chinese paper money note from the 1920s, and a Mexican peso from the 1930s.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I have this thread topic.

(tbh interesting thread I just have nothing) :'(
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
A silver sixpence from 1957 but that's all. My family were never rich enough to have heirlooms and any vintage jewellery was stolen from my nan on the 90s. I would like to collect some antique silver when o have my own place.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I have some old coins from the late 1800's and early 1900's. And some old-ish (late 70's early 80's) autographed baseball cards and photos.

I'm actually thinking of trying to sell all of it soon because money. Depends on what kind of offers I can get.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I have some old coins from the late 1800's and early 1900's. And some old-ish (late 70's early 80's) autographed baseball cards and photos.

I'm actually thinking of trying to sell all of it soon because money. Depends on what kind of offers I can get.
have Rick Harrison check it out so he can tell you what it's worth then offer you $20.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Most of the old things I have are jewelry. the oldest is a necklace from the 18th century.

I have a few old books (early 20th century) and reprints of rare books. I like the idea of collecting old and rare books but I can't right now because I don't have enough space or the ability to take care of them properly. Money hasn't really been an issue though because I found all my old books by accident in discount boxes at secondhand stores.

Oh I also have some old kitchenware belonging to my great-grandparents which I am still able to use.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jan 12, 2017,
Quote by StewieSwan

I also have a collection of old Bibles. Most of them were published around the Civil War, but there's one that was published in 1687. I really should get that one placed in a protective case.

That's cool. I assume they're all KJV? Definitely protect that sucker.

I don't have a lot of old stuff. I have there books that are from the 19th century - Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman, the complete works of John Keats, and a random selection of choice literature (pretty good tbh.) The latter is in the worst shape, but it's still usable.

The Complete Poetical Works of John Keats is my most prized book, and my wife got it for me as a gift a few years ago from a bookstore near University of Washington. It's in phenomenal shape, and except or the format you'd never be able to tell it's from 1899. Gold leafed pages, placemark ribbon, leather bound. It's fantastic. I love it.

But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by Guitar0player
I have started collecting NOS transistors and diodes
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Guitar0player
Would you call me a nerd if I built you a pedal?
No, but I don't really use any of mine(or my amp) atm, because it's too loud to play at home, and I suck too bad at both playing and human interaction to join a band and get any use out of it.
Quote by Diemon Dave