Page 1 of 2
I remember on friends Phoebe falling out with Ross because he called her boring in a dream just wondering if anyone has any like experiences?
Have you ever had a dream which you thought was real?

Yeah.
Ive had dreams where i thought i was getting ready for school/work but i was just sleeping in. Got a shock when i woke up and hadnt even brushed my teeth yet.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Those kinds of dreams tend to be longer than others (5-10 minutes long compared to 1 minute). I can never tell if me trying to wake up from sleep paralysis is a dream or real though
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I've had a dream once where the whole dream was me living though the day. Went to work in my dream did all the shit I normally do in the day. Then I woke up around 8pm in my dream but it was only 5:30 am. The whole dream felt so real though.
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
This one time, I dreamed a dream of time gone by.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
yeah

then i wake up and wish I hadn't
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
What normal person hasn't?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
The act of playing the guitar isn't supposed to be entertaining.
I used to post a lot of my dreams in that lucid dreaming thread.

Most of the time I think what is happening is real, until I reach lucidity or simply wake up or have a strong sleep paralysis that scares me out of the dream lol. Usually wet dreams are the most realistic.
Quote by Pizzafan
k.lainad Im going to use twine, tie a broom handle to a pizza, put guitar string on it, and make love to your mom with a pizztar

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

https://soundcloud.com/slowdeathhooks

i think OP means that you thought it was something that had actually happened later on after you'd been awake.

like when my grandmother thought my dad and his awful girlfriend got married because ahe had dreamt it.

or when i thought i had paid off all my student loan debt for the first hour or two after i woke up.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Yeah - it was weird, like from one dream I saw and heard a friend talking crap about me to others; it was quite a few years ago, but I never really talked to them again after that.
I have dreams where I jump and I kind of float a bit in the air by will power so I slowly start to fly after practice and it feels so natural and I'm going around impressing people with my ability to fly. I think I've really learned to fly.

Then I wake up and I'm normal and lame. Thankfully all the people I bragged to were only in a dream and I feel less retarded.
Last edited by DukeDeRox at Jan 11, 2017,
well i had this dream once

then i woke up and thought everything that was happening was real

then i woke up again

was fucking weird
I had a dream where I had woken up with a bunch of messages on my phone telling me my Dad had died and that my brother had run away.

I freaked out when I woke up for real and ended up checking my messages and call log just to be doubly sure.
Today I introduced myself
to my own feelings
my life is a dream which i think is real
Quote by Dreadnought
You can't read very well can you

oh my bad I forgot you were a shitty clone of an already shitty user who contributes nothing but trash LOL my bad
Quote by kalypto
my life is a dream which i think is real
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
The act of playing the guitar isn't supposed to be entertaining.
I've had a fair few dreams where im trying to walk to school/college/work, and even though I recognise where I am (usually my hometown), no matter what path I take I can just never god damn get to where I want to go, the dream world alters my town to become a maze where im trapped until I awake
i'm a genius ok
Quote by Dreadnought
You can't read very well can you

oh my bad I forgot you were a shitty clone of an already shitty user who contributes nothing but trash LOL my bad
when I was a little kid, I just waking up.... aware that I was crossing from the realm of dreams to the real world, I held a dream chess piece tight believing I could bring it with me. Alas, I'm still working on it.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
This one time, I dreamed a dream of time gone by.
love that
I had a dream where I was playing a game I didn't have, when I woke up I felt like playing it but then realized I didn't have it. My life's pretty lame.
Once, I sent a message to a girl and she didn't respond. One night, I dreamt she had answered me. In my dream, I woke up and look at my phone and see the kind messages. I didn't respond immediately, thinking I would do that when I have more time and be more relaxed. It was a beautifull day until I decided to answer her and found out she didn't respond at all. It was only a damn dream! ;(

I didn't think it was possible to dream things and believe it was reality but now...
Had a dream two nights ago that one of my dear friends was a lesbian and had been hiding it from us all these years. It would explain why she's always been single though.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I may or may not have picked my nose so it's possible there's a booger hiding out on my bed somewhere.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by k.lainad
I used to post a lot of my dreams in that lucid dreaming thread.

Most of the time I think what is happening is real, until I reach lucidity or simply wake up or have a strong sleep paralysis that scares me out of the dream lol. Usually wet dreams are the most realistic.

I'm so glad you enjoyed my thread

I just signed in for the first time in a long time the other day and found out I was the mayor of it. Pretty cool to see.

My dreams always seem real, but never seem to take place in anything close to reality, physics and stuff work differently. Had a couple false awakenings, but besides that the closest I've got to anything 'real' is being in a video game in one of my dreams. First person style, it was really fun.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
I was on vacation a couple weeks ago and one of my dogs ran away. We looked for him all day with no result. When I went to bed that night I had a dream that my wife's uncle and aunt had found him. Then I woke up.

That was a dick dream. Thanks, brain
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Yes. One where I was maybe 60 and moved to some small village not too far from where I grew up. I visited a childhood friend (who really did move to Mountain Village, AK or something in high school), then went to some lumberyard-looking area and tried to deice a machine.

There have been several dreams where nothing interesting happens and I'm just in an arctic environment working as a lumberjack or something. Those dreams all felt very real, but I would never actually do that.

Probably just fell asleep thinking about the end of the very last episode of Dexter
Once I had a dream that Toronto Pierson had a chuck e cheese and I dreamt that I had enough tickets for a laser tag set. Best day of my life til I woke up.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yeah as a kid i dreamt we went on a road trip with my grandparents to some steppe-esque area with a very distinct looking gas station

I took me a few years of believing it actually happened, and asking my grandma about it a few times before it hit me it was just a dream

shit was trippy

Weird techno music suddenly crests the horizon.

Last night as I lay dreaming of pleasant days gone by, my mind being bent on rambling, to Ireland i did fly. I stepped on board a vision and I followed with the wind, and I shortly came to anchor at the cross of Spancil Hill.

Shit was weird.
Out of all the places why Ireland?

Jesus thats like being excited to go to marieville quebec.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Page 1 of 2