Hello, UG. Good to see the holidays weren't too rough on you. Or something.

I have owned a Boss DD-3 that has had a very pampered life over the last year. It's been on my pedalboard and hasn't received much abuse.

It recently started making this loud click when I engage or disengage the pedal. I don't know why and it seems to only randomly happen, but it is a louder click when it does. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Could it be my cable? It's always worked great (Monster Cable), and had never given me any issues. I have thought about it though since the DD3 is at the end of my chain with that cable in the output.

Thanks!
Try adding more delay.
is it a mechanical click or an electrical one?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thread was moved to forum: Guitar Gear & Accessories
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Dave_Mc I'm not sure I understand the difference. It sounds like more a pop like something got plugged in than the click of a true bypass pedal click if that makes sense.

Will Lane I recently added an EHX Wah, but it's usually off. It seems like if I bump the side of the cable it may pop too. It makes me wonder if it's an issue with the output jack of the pedal...
Try adding more delay.
Quote by telecastrmastr
Dave_Mc I'm not sure I understand the difference. It sounds like more a pop like something got plugged in than the click of a true bypass pedal click if that makes sense.

yeah i just meant did it sound like something rubbing or scratching against something else, or something actually happening inside the electronics. sometimes the springs in the pedal (or just the footswitch) can click in boss-style pedals if there's no battery in there. that's all i meant- it might be something really simple. EDIT: or if the thumbscrew is too tight or too loose.

it's worth a try anyway as a shot to nothing, kind of thing- really easy to test, no harm done if it doesn't work.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 12, 2017,
yeah or maybe it's when the battery's out that it sometimes clicks, i forget. I mean, I'm not saying that's definitely it- it may well not be (maybe even probably won't be). But it's worth checking just in case.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by telecastrmastr
Will Lane I recently added an EHX Wah, but it's usually off. It seems like if I bump the side of the cable it may pop too. It makes me wonder if it's an issue with the output jack of the pedal...
Wahs traditionally have had buffering/impedance issues with certain pedals (especially if it is meant to be vintage-spec'd, not sure about the EHX though). Try taking the Wah out of the signal chain entirely and see what happens. Also try replacing the cable- maybe the shock of your foot hitting the DD-3 is causing the cable to open the circuit temporarily.