Hello, i have a question, i own a Laney TF-100 amp, the clean mode sounds great, but when i add some gain, [6-7] i get some noise and then a really low clean sound. From 1 to 5 the sound it's ok, and from 8 - 10 same, but 6-7 just doesnt work! Ive tried on every volume option and still same problem.

Any idea of what is happening here? I was thinking, if i buy a distortion pedal will it fix it? Or do i need a speaker?
sounds like something's wrong. i'm not sure i'd buy anything else in case the amp just dies on you and then you're out the money both for the amp and for the "fix". better to try to figure out exactly what's wrong- it may well be very little (dirty pot?).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Eonik +1 to maybe a bad pot. It sounds like the throw on the pot around 6-7 is just not connecting very well (or at all). If you have some contact cleaner you could try spraying the pot to see if that clears it up, but you'd have to try to get the spray in the internals which would be a bit difficult.
Will Lane Dave_Mc Thanks for the replies, i will try that tomorrow, and i will post here if it worked or not.

EDIT: I tried, and still doesnt work. Maybe i need to buy a new amp X:
Last edited by Eonik at Jan 12, 2017,