Hi everyone!

Ive been really gassing for an S2 Custom 24 and strangely enough some have gone on sale. Right now Im looking at a few different options

Theres a used one (looks liek only a small chip in the headstock) in the states which Im trying to get for around $950 but on top of that would be $160 for shipping and $105 for duty.

The other one is a new S2 30th Anniversary Custom 24 (in elephant grey) for $1650 (plus $200 for tax) so grand total of $1850

Then there are regular S2 custom 24s on sale for $1675-$1699 (plus $205 for tax)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
I will try to be unbiased as I own 2. They are great guitars, they are not the high end PRS's but I am not looking to shell out that kind of money at the moment. I took my S2 Custom 24 on a trade with the intent of getting rid of it, but it's going to hang around for a while. Like mentioned, do you have the option of trying them? Do you know that you'll like a 25" scale? Are you able to buy used, they can be had for under $900 in the states?
They are versatile guitars and so far have been able to handle every style that I have thrown at them, mainly they get used for Opeth stuff though.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I would highly recommend that you try before you buy. I had one, bought brand new and honestly I hated the thing. The neck never felt right to me, it always seemed like I was fighting it. The tremolo would cause bends to go out of pitch no matter how much I tightened the springs, in fact just hitting the strings harder made notes go flat. The pickups were the worst part of it, they were so noisy and microphonic that I couldn't even use the guitar to record with because it picked up so much room noise.

I know others, like the poster above have had good results but I absolutely did not. The pair if SE models I had at the same time were far better than the S2 IMO.
Gibson Les Paul custom
Ibanez RG1570
Schecter KM7
Mesa Boogie triple rectifier
Rectifier 2x12"
Thanks for the help guys! Ive got a SE Custom 24 that I absolutely love which has a 25" scale and everything that the S2s should have and to me it feels like th e perfect guitar for me. I can head into town and try the 30th anniversary one but besides that the regular new S2s would have to be ordered in and the used one in the states I obv cant try. The joys of living in a small canadian town lol
Opendome

I would definitely try it. Depending on which SE model you have it could also be a different neck profile. The 2 SE models I had 1 had a pattern thin and the other a pattern regular. The S2 has a "pattern" neck which feels completely different from the SE neck. That was one of many deal breakers for me but I made the mistake of ordering online and I was stuck with it.
Gibson Les Paul custom
Ibanez RG1570
Schecter KM7
Mesa Boogie triple rectifier
Rectifier 2x12"