So basically I need something that can tell my whammy what midi CC value to be using at any given time, and which value of 1-127 should be active for that CC number, so i can control the pitch shifting remotely without moving the knob or the treadle. I can probably work this out by using a midi keyboard, but is there a pedal that could do something like this?

I would use this to pre-program my settings and then just switch between them using a footswitch while playing etc.
Last edited by GuitarHawk99 at Jan 13, 2017,
I don't understand?
Do you need to change tunings mid-song?

I have to adjust my bass tuning to simulate a 5 string for one song, I just switch it before the song starts.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
No not mid song, its just if i want to tune to drop F, theres no setting on the whammy that allows me to reach that tuning whilst the treadle is fully depressed, so if i'm playing live and i accidentally kick it, then its going to go out of tune because its just sitting there, at an angle. I want to eliminate that happening.
Quote by GuitarHawk99

Does anyone know if any of the Molten pedals will allow me to tune to any half step between a guitar's E and a Bass' E? Or if there's some other device/option i can try?

I've used Variax guitars for this for years. The Variax comes loaded with preset tunings, but those can be overridden manually OR you can set up new tunings and load them into the guitars alternate tuning knob. In addition, if you have a VDI cable and a supporting Line 6 device (pod, helix), you can load alternate tunings into user presets on the device and change tunings with a single stomp. For example, Stevic MacKay of 12 Foot Ninja uses a Variax to do five tuning changes in one song

Dude, there's almost no reason for you to do this in a live situation.
Do you actually try this live or are you giving a hypothetical situation?
If you're actually trying this just get a different guitar
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I will be doing this in almost every live situation, i only have one good guitar and will need to reach tunings that are physically impossible on a 25.5" scale (Drop F and Drop E). Apart from that i'll also want to use higher tunings, so buying an extra guitar or two would be much less economical. Yes I understand that its better to just physically tune my guitar to these tunings but for my needs thats not an option, thats why i need to use the whammy.

The main thing is that the whammy doesn't have enough control, so i need something to help me there such as a molten midi controller:
http://www.moltenvoltage.com/products/MOLTEN_MIDI_5_by_Molten_Voltage_-_Digitech_Whammy_5_Controller.html
or this
http://www.moltenvoltage.com/products/G-Quencer_-_Revolutionary_DigiTech_Whammy_Controller_-_by_Molten_Voltage.html

However i'm not sure if it gives the functionality i'm after?

This thread seems to have become too unclear, what i'm asking is to anyone with experience with molten midi footswitches, will this work? I want to use it to save different intervals going down from standard E and leave them on permanently, or does it only have functionality to do the weird hammer-on/slide things thats in the demos?
Link me to this music you're playing?
Get an 8 string and you can play any of the tuning you listed
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Don't know which version of the Whammy you own but I just googled the Whammy 5 manual and it states that you can control the expression pedal position via midi.
Quote by GuitarHawk99
don't need a new guitar, just a pedal.

I think maybe you do and just don't know it yet .
Quote by GuitarHawk99

This thread seems to have become too unclear, what i'm asking is to anyone with experience with molten midi footswitches, will this work?

No. You can program a standard MIDI footpedal to send out the signals you want; the Molten sequencer is a whole 'nother thing. I'm thinking the Behringer MIDI Foot Controller FCB1010 would do you. $150 new at Sweetwater.

I do want to point out that the Whammy and the foot controller together will have run about $350. What you want to know about the Variax is that you can set about 15 different alternate tunings on the factory alternate tunings knob and simply switch to them on the guitar. Since you asked "is there any other device/option I can try," I'm offering this one. The Whammy will only take you up or down given the tuning you've got your guitar set to. IOW, if you're E standard, you can go down what, an octave? but you'll only be able to do it in half steps from E Standard. Should you decide you want to play something in Drop D or a Baritone tuning or any open tuning, etc, you'll have to stop, tune to that tuning, and then engage the whammy to play it down a few half steps. With the Variax, you can preset your tunings, whatever they are, and simply flip to them without ever touching the string tension.
I'll take a look into that Behringer foot switch. So does that allow me to edit parameters similar to how i can using a DAW? As in i could assign a switch to trigger, for example, value 45 of MIDI CC 4 or something like that? This would almost be perfect, although i would need to find a way so i can just use two switches to toggle up and down between presets.

to answer your questions, yes i do need a new guitar, can i afford one? no
variax does sound useful, but its not the feature set I need. Tuning down half steps is exactly what i want, i wont be needing any alternate tunings. But thank you for your help.

also i have a Whammy 5.
Last edited by GuitarHawk99 at Jan 16, 2017,
I found this http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/toolblox/soleman_midi_foot_controller.php
This looks like pretty much what i'm after, but i just need to know if i would be able to program the value into each preset (0-127), i'm really not sure if that is how these footswitches work, or if they only allow you to program the CC value.
Last edited by GuitarHawk99 at Jan 16, 2017,