So i'm building my first guitar, and I've gotten to the neck portion. I was wondering what the actual length of the guitar neck itself should be. I plan on doing a 24.75 inch scale length, and with my measurements I've come up with 18.25 inches from the heel to the nut. Is this sufficient enough?
Yes
No
Maybe
I don't know
Can you repeat the question?

Also, this should be in GB&C
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
"Sufficient enough" for what? The scale length dictates everything else. All you need to do is make the neck fit the scale length. The neck needs to be whatever length it needs to be. Your measurement doesn't tell us anything useful.
This is also going to depend upon:

Neck joint style - a bolt-on will usually end flush with the fingerboard, a set neck either flush or with a tenon that extends under the neck pickup,
Neck joint depth - most set necks join at the 17th fret; if you want to join higher or carve away more, you'll need a deeper tenon
Number of frets - a 24 fret neck is longer than a 21...

Ultimately though, it's a design choice. As long as your bridge is positioned 24.75" from the nut face and the frets are cut correctly, you can pretty much do what you like.
The physical length of the neck doesn't matter in the least as long as the bridge is in the correct location relative to the scale length.I have a 24 3/4" Warmoth neck on my strat, and it is approximately 17 1/2" from the nut to the end of the neck, plus an overhanging fretboard to accommodate the 22nd fret. This fits a standard strat body
Quote by CatWithAGat
So i'm building my first guitar, and I've gotten to the neck portion. I was wondering what the actual length of the guitar neck itself should be. I plan on doing a 24.75 inch scale length, and with my measurements I've come up with 18.25 inches from the heel to the nut. Is this sufficient enough?

You're doing things bassackwards. Start with the bridge placement. Then go from the bridge to the nut (24.75"). You can actually move the body size and the neck length all over the place from there, depending on where the neck meets the body.