I have been playing the guitar for a long time. I am self taught, and I have a lot of holes in my knowledge of guitar. I want her to have a more thorough education of the guitar, and I can fill in my gaps at the same time. Can anyone recomend a good online guitar course that I can work with her on? I have been watching some Steve Stine videos on youtube, and have been fond of his teaching style, I just don't know if there is a better option out there.

FWIW she hasn't gravitated towards any specific style of music that she likes yet.
Quote by R-T-P
I have been playing the guitar for a long time. I am self taught, and I have a lot of holes in my knowledge of guitar. I want her to have a more thorough education of the guitar, and I can fill in my gaps at the same time. Can anyone recomend a good online guitar course that I can work with her on? I have been watching some Steve Stine videos on youtube, and have been fond of his teaching style, I just don't know if there is a better option out there.

FWIW she hasn't gravitated towards any specific style of music that she likes yet.

My girlfriend just picked up guitar and I am going through much the same thing. I have been dragging her through JustinGuitar.com. Dude tends to talk a bit to much, but the basics are all there including scales/theory/licks and easier songs....which saves me having to sound out/tab all of it so she can play something.

His drill and practice methods are solid also I picked up a few helping her.

Justin tends to lean pretty heavily toward blues, I'm pretty sure he's actually a semi-pro blues player.
hate to say it, but i've been meaning to give Rocksmith a try.
"ba doo doo ba doo doo ba doo daa"
- earth,wind, and fire
^ Rocksmith has a lot of supplementary videos and tutorials on technique. You'll get a fair overview of how to play and being able to easily track your progress is a wonderful thing. I sunk thousands of hours into Rocksmith when I was first starting out on electric guitar and I'd say I'm a better player because of it. It's also got an excellent and varied collection of songs that'll help her to figure out what genres she's into. If I remember correctly there is multiplayer as well, so you could play along.
I'd check Truefire.com. There is a lot of content and especially you might benefit from the learning paths, which might give you an idea how to proceed with teaching. You get a free first month (access to all content), when registering with an email. You don't need to cancel any subscriptions after the free month, if you decide not to continue.
Keep it fun. If she feels it gets grindy she may lose interest
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm