At about 1:08 in this video, the guy hits and bends a note that sounds like a sort of growl or scream. Sounds really cool and I'm wondering how he does it.
Its a unison bend.

"Play two notes simultaneously and bend the lower sounding note up to the desired pitch. Some unison bends also bend both strings."

Examples -

- play the 15th fret B string and 17th fret G string. Bend the B string a whole tone while picking both the strings together. I fret the B string with my first finger and bend the G string with my third finger.
- play the 15th fret e string and the 18th fret B string and bend the B string a whole tone.
- play the 7th string G and B string together and bend both strings at the same time. I bend both the strings together using my third finger.

The slower the bend, the more dissonance it creates between the two notes for that growly sound.
Last edited by V3n0m777 at Jan 13, 2017,
Quote by V3n0m777
Its a unison bend.

"Play two notes simultaneously and bend the lower sounding note up to the desired pitch. Some unison bends also bend both strings."

Examples -

- play the 15th fret B string and 17th fret G string. Bend the B string a whole tone while picking both the strings together. I fret the B string with my first finger and bend the G string with my third finger.
- play the 15th fret e string and the 18th fret B string and bend the B string a whole tone.
- play the 7th string G and B string together and bend both strings at the same time. I bend both the strings together using my third finger.

The slower the bend, the more dissonance it creates between the two notes for that growly sound.

I think it's a different type of double stop bend rather than a unison bend he's listening to. It sounds like a perfect fourth between strings 2 and 3 and bending the note on string 3 up a tone to make it a major 3rd.

Without double checking on my guitar, I think he's fretting the C at fret 13 on string 2 with finger 4 at the same time as the G at fret 12 on string 3 with finger 3 and bending the G up a tone to an A.
Last edited by Majicmanmaj at Jan 14, 2017,
It's a double stop bend, but not a unison. He's holding a perfect 4th on the G and B strings, then bends the G up a whole step to create a minor third with the stationary note on the B string.

In that video he frets the notes G and C, and then bends the G up to an A.