I'm looking to get a tap delay in my pedal board and am having a hell of a time finding one that its good, reasonably priced (under $200), and most importantly, has fewer than a dozen knobs on it.

So far my closest match is the Echo Plex, but I haven't had a chance to try it out. I know the Boss DD-7 is kinda the standard for this, but it's got a lot of settings I just don't need. I have little use for a super wet signal with modulation and whatnot, as I've already got that stuff further down the chain. This pedal will be playing the same set list twice a week for about 4 months, so I need something that I can dial in and never touch again. The only settings I really need are repetitions, wet blend, and an external tempo tap.

Thanks in advance.
If you're just going to set it and leave it I don't see any downside to it having more features. You're not being forced to use them. No point in ruling out the DD-7 just because it's got a knob or two you're not going to use. It sounds like the best tool for the job.
Maybe look at Strymon. Not sure if Wampler has what your looking for. Their faux is excellent, but pretty sure you have to dial it in.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Jan 14, 2017,
Quote by Roc8995
If you're just going to set it and leave it I don't see any downside to it having more features. You're not being forced to use them. No point in ruling out the DD-7 just because it's got a knob or two you're not going to use. It sounds like the best tool for the job.

It well could be. The EchoPlex has its share of features, as well. I'm mostly curious what's out there on a budget price. I also don't care for most of the Boss pedals I've heard, so my first instinct is to look elsewhere.

Although the more I think about it, maybe it's not such a bad idea to just replace the Carbon Copy with something that does both slapback and tap tempo. Though it would be kinda nice to have a delay stage both before and after the effects.
Last edited by cdgraves at Jan 15, 2017,