So to cut a long story short, I'd been looking at getting a Mayones for a while, and was going back and forth between a Regius and a Duvell.

Last week I was talking to Guitar Guitar and had speced a custom Duvell out, but before putting the deposit down I thought I'd just play a Duvell and Regius once more to check that I had made the right decision.

...and ended up walking out with a new Mayones Regius with Specs similar to the Duvell I would've ordered.

-Profiled Swamp Ash Body
-Buckeye Burl top satin matt finish
-3-ply White ABS / Gray Pearloid (they had a 6 with black binding and that looked badass)
-11-ply / Maple - Mahogany - Amazakoe - Wenge Neck through
-Ebony Fingerboard
-24 jumbo, Ferd Wagner Frets
-25.4″ (645mm) Scale
-16" Fretboard Radius
-BKN Aftermaths (had wanted Juggernauts, but the aftermaths were very impressive)
-Coil Split
-ABM Bridge
-Hipshot Tuners

Apologies for the sub par photos, I don't have a good camera or any photography skills :noway:

As soon as I picked this up, I new it was the guitar I'd been looking for, and was cheaper than the custom quote I had. Shout out for Guitar Guitar for being super helpful as always.

I have to say was still very impressed with the Duvell, the neck is lovely and whilst I'm not a fan of the Nazgul bridge pickup, the sentient neck had some incredible clean tones. Will probably look at a Duvell (perhaps a Baritone) at some point down the road.

Can't wait to get gigging and recording with this bad boy, and it also gives my long serving trusty Shecter a bit of a break as well as allowing me to mess with other tunings on it.

---------------------------

I also realised I hadn't put a NGD up for a basically never played American Standard Telecaster that I got off a friend for £600 in November so here's a group shot of it next to my Mesa Lonestar Special and pedalboard

Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Last edited by Shredx at Jan 14, 2017,
excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice! My Regius is almost the same spec, the only differences are the pickups and my top is gloss. Wonderful guitars. And I bought mine at Guitarguitar as well, lol.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Nice! My Regius is almost the same spec, the only differences are the pickups and my top is gloss. Wonderful guitars. And I bought mine at Guitarguitar as well, lol.

Nice, what pickups are in yours? Ah I did ideally want a gloss finish but only on the top. I was surprised how much I liked the satin on the top though. Post a pic?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx

The standard SD set, JB/Jazz.
Yeah, mine is gloss on the top and headstock front and matte on the back. I love it.
This is mine, more pictures on the link below.

http://imgur.com/a/VJfi3

EDIT: I also just now noticed yours is a 7. :") Mine is a 6, obviously.
Last edited by I K0nijn I at Jan 15, 2017,
Quote by I K0nijn I
Shredx

The standard SD set, JB/Jazz.
Yeah, mine is gloss on the top and headstock front and matte on the back. I love it.
This is mine, more pictures on the link below.

Wow that is amazing. The gloss finish deffo makes the buckeye stand out more, massive fan of that - wish mine had that on the front tbh. And uncovered pickups look better too imo, I may take the covers off of mine if I can be bothered.

Also the body of yours almost seems different, the bottom left (from the view of the pic) seems to carve more towards the arm and you can see a line in the top through the middle which you can't clearly on mine, which is cool.

We also got different colours on the M on the headstock :P ! Ngl mate think yours beats mine haha
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Shredx

I think the carve is identical and is just the angle of the picture. And the line in the top is something you really have little control over. The different colour M is because mine is a bit older. They went from doing it silkscreen in black to a sticker in metallic a few months into 2016.

And this isn't about beating each other either man. I'm sure you've got a killer guitar in that Mayones (and in that Tele for that matter) and what someone else has is pretty irrelevant as long as you like what you got yourself. ^^
Quote by I K0nijn I
Shredx

I think the carve is identical and is just the angle of the picture. And the line in the top is something you really have little control over. The different colour M is because mine is a bit older. They went from doing it silkscreen in black to a sticker in metallic a few months into 2016.

And this isn't about beating each other either man. I'm sure you've got a killer guitar in that Mayones (and in that Tele for that matter) and what someone else has is pretty irrelevant as long as you like what you got yourself. ^^

Oh totally, was just saying your Mayones looks amazing! I was lucky to stumble across this one, and can't wait to get some serious playing on it. Interesting about the silkscreen etc, and yeah the line would depend on the bit of wood used I guess.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
little bit of this, little bit of that.

very nice pair.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
actually quite like that finish.

Happy NGD brother.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.