Hi Members,

I am interested in Ibanez RG350DX as a second guitar in which I can switch too when I fancy a change of feel and sound.

I was wondering about buying a better bridge and pickups when I get time if I do decide to buy this guitar. I haven't brought it yet but I like the fact it looks like Rob Arnold's RA 600 ESP LTD which is no longer available which is a bummer.

I was thinking of EMG 81 pickups to fit into this guitar and wasn't sure if they would fit and not sure about the bridge upgrade. Also if you can suggest better then EMG 81 or other alternatives not Seymour as I own Hb range I believe.

Thanks for your help,

Zeussrapidfire
First, I would wait until I knew what that guitar sounds like before contemplating a pickup change.

Second, if you DO decide to do a swap, going from passive said to actives might involve routing a space for the battery out of the Ibby's body. If you don't want to do that, some passive pickups sound a lot like EMGs. To my ears, the Lace Alumitone Deathbuckers fit that description.

Here's a guy comparing Deathbuckers to EMGs.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
by the time you buy a better trem and better pickups you could just buy a better rg. which is likely a better plan. get a prestige.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?