My modded 6505+ was shining away while I was playing it and I just wasn't happy with the tone of it. It seemed harsh and looking into it was hurting my eyes.

I decided to dust off a 60 watt NOS tube (it's a 60 watt lamp) and plugged that in. It's a fixed bias lamp so there was no way I could make it burn any hotter than it already was (I already modded it to burn pretty warm anyway) and I was loving the warm, golden, muted tone. Then all of a sudden it went POP and glass flew all around my room and into my eyeballs and its bleeding and hurts. Was I using too much gain?

I think I've popped the fuse. I unplugged it, removed the 13A fuse and it was fine. Not blown. I looked behind the glass, poked my finger on the contacts and got a bit of a jump so I figured 'yup, seems fine'.

I don't want to spend an extra <$100 getting it fixed tho. I've already owned it 6 years and while I love the tone of it, I feel like a change of pace from all the muddy deep red hues that i'm getting from my eyeballs now.

Do you guys think I need a clean boost so I get more articulation or do I need a new lamp? Needs to be high gain.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I think you need to have your eyes checked!!!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
What are you talking about? I know I have a 6505. I can see the 6505 badge through the blood. It's you that needs the eyes checked mister!
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
And besides, what's the NHS going to do? Asked me to sit in an A&E waiting room for 6 hours by which time I've already bled to death?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Ummmm...

glass flew all around my room and into my eyeballs and its bleeding and hurts.

Glass + Eyeballs is a worse combo than a Line 6 Spyder. (Just...)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

1. Is this a "Pit" thread?

2. Are you looking for amp recommendations?

3. Drugs are a powerful thing...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Nice!

Site wont let me post links. must be preferred member only thing
Last edited by nastytroll at Jan 16, 2017,
Quote by 8Len8
According to the title he's looking for a lamp. Here's my recommendation:

https://www.hudsonfurnitureinc.com/Floor-Lighting/META_LAMP/collection

I could hang my guitar strap off one of those.

Nice find!

But seriously giving alcohol to a user with mod powers is a dangerous thing.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Here you go. These aren't nos bulbs, but they can handle any extreme lamp.

www.1000bulbs.com/product/2899/IN-0300FR5K.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiA-_HDBRD2lomhoufc1JkBEiQA0TVMmjS_qLqBlUePfSRdGwZVoelbBeILtrwugpIXiporQ74aArtC8P8HAQ

Sounds like your lamp is still working, so just drop and go.