Currently rebuilding my guitar (all by myself), finally I've managed to strip off the finish.

My next mission (if possible) : I want to drill a new jack hole -> in a different part of the body.

My problem: no idea how to get rid of the old one. Do you think wood fillers could work, or what exactly am I supposed to do? (it's a basswood)

Thanks so much in advance.
I would cut a cross-grain plug* in a suitable pale timber and line it up with the body grain

I haven't got plug cutter bits or a lathe but I have a horizontal bench stand for my drill. I make things like that by spinning them in the drill. It could be done with a drill press or simply clamping the drill to the bench.
Quote by sonic606
Currently rebuilding my guitar (all by myself), finally I've managed to strip off the finish.

My next mission (if possible) : I want to drill a new jack hole -> in a different part of the body.

My problem: no idea how to get rid of the old one. Do you think wood fillers could work, or what exactly am I supposed to do? (it's a basswood)

Thanks so much in advance.
The problem with wood fillers is that it with a hole that size, it would take days to set(assuming it sets at all). Like Tony said, a plug is the way to go here.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
If you are going to paint it, I would just use epoxy. sets quick and can be sanded to follow the contours. You may want to jam some newspaper into the hoel to keep it from running back and thereby limit the amount of epoxy you need.