So i have a dean dimeblade tribute thats pretty cheap, only $250 but it sounds amazing. Theres a bunch of tuning problems though. The biggest problem i can see standing out is on the bridge. All the saddles are fine except for the low E. I can grab it and move it side to side. It has nothing to do with the tuning of the strings, as i tested this with all the others. They all stayed in place no matter how high or low the tuning. The low E, even when playing just tilts back and forth in the bridge. This is a huge problem but the question is, is it fixable?
Is the saddle screw installed, and tight?
"Well reeeer to you too sir...Its the internet. Do you really expect it to be completely serious?" - mcraddict81592
Lol I've actually played a Dimeblade ML that was owned by a former friend. I really didn't think it was a very good guitar, to put it lightly.

The retainer wire that stops the saddles from falling out when the strings are off the guitar needs to be affixed to the saddle screws. Check that they are. Is the saddle just rocking back and forth on the area where it slides back and forth for intonation, even when string tension is on the saddle? If so that sounds like there's either debris in the slot that the saddle moves back and forth in, or the saddle was poorly cast on the bottom and you may need to file the underside of the saddle to get it to sit level on the bridge.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Udjine
bunjee111 Hi, there was a similar thread, I hope these advises will help.
Very different bridges. Issues on Strat bridges are usually down to grub screws that TOMs don't have. I would start with the above suggestions regarding the retainer wire and such.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
guitarkid8 yes they are all installed and none of the screws are stripped. The retaining wire is in place. Behind all of the screws. It just tilts back and forth whether the string is tightly on it or not
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Lol I've actually played a Dimeblade ML that was owned by a former friend. I really didn't think it was a very good guitar, to put it lightly.

The retainer wire that stops the saddles from falling out when the strings are off the guitar needs to be affixed to the saddle screws. Check that they are. Is the saddle just rocking back and forth on the area where it slides back and forth for intonation, even when string tension is on the saddle? If so that sounds like there's either debris in the slot that the saddle moves back and forth in, or the saddle was poorly cast on the bottom and you may need to file the underside of the saddle to get it to sit level on the bridge.

Yes its just rocking back and forth there, even when the string is tightly on the saddle. But, its rocking like towards and away from the ither saddles if that makes sense. Not like moving on the screw. I literally bought this thing like two weeks ago and i just notice this right when i made this thread.
Last edited by bunjee111 at Jan 16, 2017,
It sounds like the saddle is not seated in the bridge. But if the retaining wire is in place it must be somewhat correct. Is there a chance it is a replacement saddle that is very slightly too small? Does the tip of the screw move around at all? I cant remember if the tip goes into a retaining slot or if it just floats behind the saddle. Have you tried wedging something into the side of the saddle to tighten it up?