Hello, friends!
I'm getting back to playing guitar after a long break and I need your help. My budget at the moment is rather low (no more than 200 British pounds, preferably 150 or less) so I thought that a multi-effect unit will be the perfect catch-all solution for all my needs which are thus:
- It has to double as an amp/cab sim (I don't have an amp and I don't need one right now). Basically, it's going to be the only piece of gear I'll own besides the electric guitar at least for a few months.
- It has to double as an audio interface (I'm interested in some amateur recording and I don't want to spend additional money on an audio interface at least for now).
- It has to have an expression pedal built-in (I'm interested in some ambient sounds so I need it for them swells + who doesn't love wah-wah am I right?)

That's all. Thanks a lot for your help friends! If you want me to clarify something please let me know.
Fair amount of options out there. Zoom, Line6, Boss, etc. got my POD HD for $175 used.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Defenestr4tor I am a fan of the Zoom G3/G5 line. I personally own a G3. They just recently released the G3n and G5n (G3Xn and G5Xn for the expression pedal) which are certainly worth looking into. I would say you would not need more than the G3Xn (7 simultaneous effects, some DSP limitations) for traditional guitar sounds but that is just me.

You can also look for the old standards like a used POD HD500.
Thanks for the replies! I did some research based on them and It's basically between Boss GT-1 and Zoom G5n (G3xn looks great but unfortunately it doesn't have the audio interface capability I'm looking for). I had no idea there would be so many devices in my price range with all the functionality I require. What a time to be alive.
Quote by Defenestr4tor
Thanks for the replies! I did some research based on them and It's basically between Boss GT-1 and Zoom G5n (G3xn looks great but unfortunately it doesn't have the audio interface capability I'm looking for). I had no idea there would be so many devices in my price range with all the functionality I require. What a time to be alive.
That surprises me about the G3xn.

Haven't looked at the specs for the upgraded model, but I know my G3 does include interface capability.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Some G3 users claim that the G3xn is actually a step down in many ways and yes according to manufacturer's website it doesn't have audio interface capabilities. I also considered Digitech RP360XP but I trust the Boss brand and I like the sound of GT1 so GT1 it is.
The pedal I had would have been perfect except for the audio interface (I'm not sure what that is). It's the Adrenalinn III and I sold it for $175. Beat-synced drums-amp modeling and wild FXs in mono or stereo. That would've blown your mind with the headphones.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
The various Pods (XT, X3, HD) in "bean" form are usually fairly inexpensive and less than the foot pedal ("live") versions.