Hello all !
So, i've gotten the EMG ZW set and have installed it on my Harley Benton Extreme 84 guitar. It's allready an active PU guitar so I thought things were going to be easy.
Anyway, I first tried the PU on the existing electronics and everything was working with no problem.
The guitar being a chinese cheap guitar, I thought I could only get better by using the supplied electronics that came with the set.
Everything's wired correctly I think, the volume works, the tone works, and both PU work. Together at the same time, regardless of the switch position.
So again, chinese electronics. Weird wiring to start with and all.
Here are some pics of the switch

I believe the neck is one side, the bridge is the other (the white leads) and the centre one should be the "output" right ?
Each lead is soldered as well to the switches casing (grounding I suppose ?) so i'm wondering if the problem doesn't come from there.
Thanx for your help, i'd hate to have to go to a luthier for some stupid issue like this.
The problem is you bought a ZW EMG set.

No but seriously, it sounds like something is grounded that shouldn't be.
Cry yourself to ash
Quote by Vampire_State
The problem is you bought a ZW EMG set.

No but seriously, it sounds like something is grounded that shouldn't be.

A ZW set is actually just a stock 81 an 85 in one package.

But yeah OP, sounds like you grounded everything.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I kept trying to find wiring for that switch and couldn't make sense of it. Maybe replace with a traditional toggle?
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
explayn what wire is what , or better let us see the diagram u worked on ... we cant know whats gone wrong just by watching pictures of your soldering skills.
Last edited by kristbubnjar at Jan 17, 2017,
Hey all ! Problem solved. The existing wiring of the switch was making sense but not with the kit. I ended up desoldering everything from it, then connecting the Neck and bridge position to the EMG thing, same thing for the output, then finally lead a wire from the middle outside pin to the ground, and voila, that was it
Thank all for your concern Plays like a charm now