nice post, this legend was clearly the start of it all...

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

What a stupid video. The guy doesn't even acknowledge that any genre other than rock exists. Instrumental solos have always been a major fixture in blues, country, bluegrass, jazz, funk, metal, etc. And then he talks about Nirvana and ignores the fact that like every Nirvana song has a solo. And then he talks about solos "dominating the charts" in the mid-2000s. Like what charts? The Modern Rock charts? And then he says that solos were reinvented in the 90s and then he plays a bunch of solos that aren't any different than whatever.

Sounds like another stupid kid who is disappointed about classic rock not being popular. Dude should do more research.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
guitar solos suck and that's coming from an avenged sevenfold and trivium fan

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
guitar solos suck and that's coming from an avenged sevenfold and trivium fan
That's why you think they suck

Quote by slapsymcdougal
That's why you think they suck

no they just suck in general

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no they just suck in general
Very true, Trivium and Avenged Sevenbutts do suck in general.
These 2 are the pioneers of the modern day guitar solo

if we heard mortar shells...

i already used that line in another thread recently.

neidnarb11890 come like my post
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Guitar solos are overrated....bands who include them just for the sake of having one should really rethink why they're writing music.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Guitar solos are overrated....bands who include them just for the sake of having one should really rethink why they're writing music.

So....essentially all metal?
Quote by TobusRex
So....essentially all metal?

Not far from the truth to be honest
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Best guitar solos are Aqualung and Gates of Babylon
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO