Hello Audiophiles!!

So i have been playing guitar thru guitar rig with headphones for a while now. And today i tried to use my Peavy 112 as a speaker. it works fine except i get alot of static noise from the amp.

I have a focusrite 2i4 connected to my PC via usb and from the outputs of the focusrite i run a non balanced 1/4" TS cable to the fx input of the Peavy Bandit 112.

Does anyone know why i get the static noise?

I wanted to invest in a pair of YAMAHA HS8 but now i wounder if i will get the same static noise from them...

I dont want to lead people the wrong way but after some googling my only conclusion is bad ground. just wanted to check if i missed something basic.

*PS
I can hear and change the static noise by klicking and draging the mouse just like a dj scratch a record (kind of cool actually)

Thanks for future help
Quote by falkenstrom
I can hear and change the static noise by klicking and draging the mouse just like a dj scratch a record (kind of cool actually)
What? What are you clicking the mouse on?
Computers and TVs and lights can do weird stuff to amps. Depending on which room I'm in I have to turn off my lights to get rid of some buzz. I don't have any direct experience with Guitar Rig but from what I've seen I don't know that I would try to use an amp as a speaker like that.

That said, does your Bandit have a power amp in jack? If so you might try that instead.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Note,
Tried same setup on my laptop, no problems at all flawless sound... But my tower pc keeps adding the static noise throu the usb port... strange.

It doesn't have a power amp in jack. And the amp throu the FX Loop is only a active speaker, i see no problem using it as a speaker since its selfpowerd and only reciving a analog signal from my audio output.