Hi everyone, I recently bought two new v30s to mix with the t75s in my 1960 lead cab. I'm not knowledgeable about stuff like this, but the plan is to just copy what is in there already. I still have a few questions though; first, should the cab be standing up or laying down? Second, the v30s are 16ohms, can anyone confirm that the t75s are too? Thanks!
You should be able to change the speakers with the cab standing up. The whole back panel is removable to access the speakers, correct? With it standing up you just have to be careful to hold the speaker up til you get the screws threaded.

On the impedance, can you check to see if it's written anywhere on your t75s what they are?

V30s and t75s are an excellent combo. I think you'll like the tone.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
^ yeah you want them to be the same impedance as the stock v30s. it should say on them when you open the cab.

up to you whether you lay it down or leave it standing up, i guess. it might be easier to get the back off when it's laying down (that's what i did with my 4x12 (not a marshall)).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks, I also watched some tutorials and think I got the right equipment. I have a 9v with leads to check the phase, a digital multimeter to test impedance and 69/40 sodder. The kit I got also comes with a desodlering pump (whatever that is) but I'm pretty sure that I won't need it. My one fear is that solder will drip onto the cone.
Might just cover the speaker with a cloth.

I haven't had a close enough look at a 1960 to tell, are the speaker connections actually soldered or are they just those little clips? My Carvin and Peavey cabs aren't soldered but my Mesa cab is.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
You'll use that desoldering pump at some point. Don't lose it.
You can just use the spade clips if you prefer; I've seen cabinets that have been used 40 years that have only those. I'm a bit squeamish; I prefer that the whole mess be soldered.