like what i wrote in Thread, saving money to buy a line6 Spider V, but from this forum i found that theres no love on it here.
so can I say its enough for me if im a starter and only practice in home with an sq affnity and without effects or pedals?
and would u like to tell me why u dont have any love on these Spiders..?
Thanks all before getting answers
Basically, the way it sounds.

If you do buy one, don't use dirt (OD/Distortion/Fuzz) pedals with it. That will sound worse.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
As a starter amp its not awful, but there is better. Generally speaking, its pretty bad.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
This goes back a few years. The originals weren't that great compared to the vypers and transtubes and others of the day. It didn't help matters that Line 6 was so over the top with their presets. Not to say passable tones couldn't be had,you just pretty much had to be a sound guy to get them. The new spider V 60 is really nice. Presets are still a bit out there, but the interface is a lot more user friendly. They still sold a lot of spiders, but now I think (at least as far as the 60 goes) they actually have a good one. Haven't tried any of the others.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
scott58ok thanks, and how abt the 30W one. i know higher Watt means better sounds maybe? 60Ws for me is kinda wasted i think and the price is too high. or if i got time, may could wait longer to see if any new one better than the 30Ws ?
The 5 may be better than its predecessors. However, those previous amps had pretty much no use, bedroom or professional, when your musical ear could distinguish how bad the tones were. The 5 is not really a safe buy as it is a relatively new product and none of us camp out at Guitar Center everytime a new amp is released. And likely, even if the 5 (or the other models) are okay, there are likely still better buys in the same price range.
Quote by Gurkenderbiker
dannyalcatrazand what id i wont use any pedals? only the basic tones of spiderV

Spiders have onboard effects modeling. Amps like that don't work well with OD, Distortion or Fuzz pedals, generally speaking.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Can't call it on the 30 they had one,but I don't like 8" speakers so I don't bother.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
I tried one the other day. Better features and more in depth tone shaping. But still had that spider tone. They improved and expanded all but it's sound quality imo. Good for practice and home jamming, but won't impress anyone.

Peavey vypyr would cover a range of sounds better.
spiders are good...if you like wasting your money
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
JAHellraiser

Nice review, but the Office Space homage at the end was pure gold.

(Don't tell The Donald.)

The Spider amps have always been rubbish. They just don't sound like the amps they're trying to model end of story.

Even as just something to get a newcomer started, they're a waste of time; There are modeling amps from other brands that model the same amps the Spider models, but they do it more accurately and for the same amount of money. The only thing that's going for the new Spiders is the app, but as that video earlier shows, the integration of the app into the amp is terrible as it won't allow you to run the cabinet and the app at the same time. Which makes dialing in tones with the app a major ballache as it means you have to keep logging in/out of the app, unplugging/plugging back in the ipad and switching the cabinet on/off just to make the smallest of changes to your settings. Having to keep doing that gets old, really, really fast.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'd buy an inexpensive non-modeling amp and a Line 6 POD before I'd buy a Spider.

JAHellraiserGod Damn...this video makes me cancel the plan to buy one....i listend the tone in Thomann but they adde dtoo much effects or sth else. the original tone is not so good i think. so helpful. Thank you
Shoot me, but I don't think it sounds that bad. Just it's among the worst of the easily-available options for its price
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Really depends on which model you're looking at. Once you get to the 60 and above they're not terrible. The lower models though, they're pretty bad but I think a lot of that has to do with the speaker. They use small low quality speakers and that combined with such a small cabinet means that you're not going to get a good sound, especially when combined with distortion.

Now, if it were me I would save and save and purchase either a Vetta combo or a DT25 combo. Both of those are Line6 and they're SO much better than a spider.

For a cheap modeling amp that's better I would go with a Peavey Vypyr or a Marshall code before a spider, just me.
Gibson Les Paul custom
Ibanez RG1570
Schecter KM7
Mesa Boogie triple rectifier
Rectifier 2x12"
...they're not terrible.

Damning with faint praise!!!

To be honest Line 6 has been on the forefront of modeling amp technology from day one, Its just that they're engineers are tone deaf, and hoping you are too.
On the other hand Roland/Boss invented modeling and do it very well, in which case take a look at the Boss Katana 50
If you want high gain, I would go for the Peavey Vypyr
If you want clean to lower gain (Iron Maiden levels of gain), I would go for the Vox Valvetronix.
Get a Peavey Vypyr, I have one and it is amazing, serving me very well while I save up for a valve head and cab.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
dannyalcatraz

Did you see the Anderton's video? It's really not bad. With the variax connected it's so cool how you can change tuning with the tablet and everything. Not that I would get any mileage out of a rig like that it's still very cool and for a newbie it would be amazing.
Gibson Les Paul custom
Ibanez RG1570
Schecter KM7
Mesa Boogie triple rectifier
Rectifier 2x12"
I'll stand by post #17, thanks.

dannyalcatraz I'll stand by it to. Or even just a decent non modeling amp. It's better to have an amp that does one sound and does it well, than an amp that does a hundred sounds at an ok at best level. And the spider doesn't meet ok.

I had one once and the only thing it did right was old-school black metal. You know the fizzy, over gained, can't tell what note is being played kind of black metal.
The insane/distortion mode us just so awful. It's very muddy but the real problem is that it sounds so fake. It's way too "digital" sound if this is the appropriate word.
I cant trash the spiders too much. I had a spider IV half stack for a good number of years. I gigged a few shows with it and liked it.....

That being said I then bought a Randall V2 and then the spider sat collecting dust. Lol. I finally sold the spider half stack a couple months back for about 200.00. I've since downgraded and wet back to a sort of a hybrid set up. I now use a peavey classic 30 with a POD HD500 and love it.
Quote by randefahey
I cant trash the spiders too much. I had a spider IV half stack for a good number of years. I gigged a few shows with it and liked it.....

That being said I then bought a Randall V2 and then the spider sat collecting dust. Lol. I finally sold the spider half stack a couple months back for about 200.00. I've since downgraded and wet back to a sort of a hybrid set up. I now use a peavey classic 30 with a POD HD500 and love it.

That does sound like a sweet setup.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by JAHellraiser

For those that are curious please make sure you go the 6 min mark.

Wow. If that is the case - then the Spider 5 is no better and maybe worse. If that is even possible.

(I have to assume that they made the 5 and the 2 sound as good as they could for this demo)
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Feb 4, 2017,
Im very open to cheap amps and gear but i jammed with a guy with a spider half stack and it just sounded very digital, muffed and bass heavy...and it over heated and quit half way through the jam. My bandit 112 out performed it in every way. There is no love for bandits either. For solely practice though that extra bass and digital compressed sound might be good.
Marshall Code 50 is really well working out well after giving it some time to break in the stock 12" speaker. Liking it more everyday.