I just got my 10g Fender Frontman amp today (just starting out with an electric, so I wanted to start small) and I plugged it into a power strip that reads "250V~12A." On the back of the amp, it reads "120V~12A." So, when I plugged it in, it the red light turned on and the amp buzzed [loudly] for one second and then shut off. I have tried it in multiple other power strips where nothing else was plugged in, but it still won't turn on. I live in Vietnam where the standard circuit is 220V at 50 Hertz.

Yeah, it was probably (definitely) stupid to plug the amp in without checking, but I've waited 6 months for this amp and the guitar to get here so I was eager.

Did I blow my amp? Where can I safely plug it in?

Thanks.

Edit: Thank you to all who helped a rookie out.
Last edited by PumpkinGuts at Jan 17, 2017,
You can't use it without a voltage converter.
That amp is meant for 110v. You run on 220v.
You definitely already blew the fuse.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
You can't use it without a voltage converter.
That amp is meant for 110v. You run on 220v.
You definitely already blew the fuse.

Exactly that.
Let's hope there isn't further damage to the amp besides the fuse.
Generally a 240v plug and 120v plug will be different so as you cant just plug into the wrong power supply. Although I've never been to Vietnam, I'm a bit curious as to why a distributor would have sent a 120v 60hz amp to a country that uses 240v 50hz, Something smells fishy. In any case its only a Fender 10g so its no big loss even if you did let the magic smoke out of it, At this point you hope the fuse blew then replace it with the same and order a 240 to 120 converter and wait another 6 months for it to arrive, Try again
tsc86

Further damage? I didn't see any smoke when it happened, and there wasn't any loud "pop" noise or anything. How would I know if it's even salvageable at this point?

Thanks
you have to replace the fuse, plug it in properly and see if it works, however even if you get the voltage right there still may be an issue if it is looking for 60Hz and you are giving it 50Hz.
PumpkinGuts
Check if there are any visible burn marks on and around any of the components inside the amp.

If it looks alright, replace the fuse like guitarsngear said. And try to run the amp with a voltage converter.

nastytroll Different countries use have different plug standards even if they use the same voltage, e.g. continental European countries and UK use the same voltage but different plugs. That why you always have to remember to buy plug adapters when travelling around the world.