Poll: Do you use haptic feedback on your smartphone?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you use haptic feedback on your smartphone?
Yes I haptic feedback
10 33%
No I don't haptic feedback
20 67%
Voters: 30.
Page 1 of 2
Talking about smartphones. Do you use haptic feedback for your phone?

This will activate tiny vibrations when you click certain buttons - for example when you type a message out on the keyboard it will give you a physical feedback to let you know you've clicked on the button.

Personally - I always have it on. I cannot stand typing on a touch screen without haptic feedback. It just feels weird and unrefined for me.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I turn it off but I generally turn off most things on my phone that I don't need.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i use my phone so little i can't even remember if it's on or off
Quote by kalypto
i use my phone so little i can't even remember if it's on or off
\

Pay your bill, asshole
ya i have it on. otherwise i feel unsure i actually hit a key. still doesn't replace a real physical keyboard tho.

even with the haptic feedback i sometimes type shit that comes out liek tis becaue i had to turb off auttocorrect months aho becauseit kepy changing shit without my permissikn and wouldnt let me change it to what i meabt.

lack of tactile feedback is exactly why smartphones are not going to replace a dedicated handheld for games.

i tried playing genesis era Sonic on my phone once.

absolute trash
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I don't like touch screens. Bad invention. Haptic feedback does nothing for me. I like pushing buttons. I bought bluetooth keyboard for my tablet. My phone is some samsung galaxy and I hate typing with it.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Yup, love it.

Quote by jakesmellspoo

lack of tactile feedback is exactly why smartphones are not going to replace a dedicated handheld for games.

i tried playing genesis era Sonic on my phone once.

absolute trash

Real talk.
Last edited by JustRooster at Jan 16, 2017,
No I don't see the point. I'm generally looking at my phone when I'm typing with it so I don't need vibrations to tell me i hit a key or not
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Never tried it

How do you do this with an iPhone?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
Never tried it

How do you do this with an iPhone?

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
wait you didn't complete your sentence here lemme help:

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Is that the same feedback setting that makes a sound with every keystroke? Cos anyone who has that on is a jerk in my books.
It'd be useless cuz I have a phone that lets me string letters together to make words instead of typing each letter individually.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Rebel Scum
Is that the same feedback setting that makes a sound with every keystroke? Cos anyone who has that on is a jerk in my books.

Nah its just the phone vibrates a tiny bit on each key press to confirm you pressed a button. Dont know why you wouldnt have it on tbh
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Gatecrasher53
Nah its just the phone vibrates a tiny bit on each key press to confirm you pressed a button. Dont know why you wouldnt have it on tbh
Because my eyes confirm that I pressed the button and the expected result was achieved?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Because my eyes confirm that I pressed the button and the expected result was achieved?

I bet you type with one finger and have your phone in one of those flip cases

Super useful when you are typing without looking and physical feedback is just good in any case.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I bet you type with one finger and have your phone in one of those flip cases

Super useful when you are typing without looking and physical feedback is just good in any case.
Why would I use more than one finger for swype?
Quote by Diemon Dave
I use my thumb for Swype.

And as good as Swype is for one handed typing you still can't use emojis and have to manually type in problematic words.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I use my thumb for Swype.

And as good as Swype is for one handed typing you still can't use emojis and have to manually type in problematic words.
The thumb is a finger. And I have a sufficient command of the English language that I don't need emojis to express myself.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Man's never clearly had to use the aubergine and the 3 drops of water emoji

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Man's never clearly had to use the aubergine and the 3 drops of water emoji
I have a 64GB microSD card full of dick pics and 1080p videos of me jizzing buckets.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I turned it off because it used to make me really agitated feeling my fingers buzz all the time
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I turned it off because it used to make me really agitated feeling my fingers buzz all the time

I'll have what he's having.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
I turn mine off as well as the audio feeback for the touchscreen, the more crap like this you have on the more drain on the battery.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I turned that shit off because it feels weird and I don't want to drain my battery any quicker.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i think if you're using your phone enough that haptic feedback is draining your battery, the apps and backlight are probably using exponentially more.

reminds me i need to reinstall battery doctor.
not only do I not, but I turn off the sound for key presses as well
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by StewieSwan
not only do I not, but I turn off the sound for key presses as well
How in the hell do you do that? I cant seem to find the option anywhere.
No. Never, that shit is annoying. Besides, my phone lags so hard the feedback would start buzzing halfway through a sentence.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I have a 64GB microSD card full of dick pics and 1080p videos of me jizzing buckets.

What? You told me it was a micropenis
Quote by TobusRex
What? You told me it was a micropenis
That's what YOU have.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by sam b
Never heard of it

Sounds shit.
I think it's largely for people unsure how to stop spelling banananananananananana.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by slapsymcdougal
That's what YOU have.

No need to feel threatened. I think you are very cute in your dress. Btw...what I have is known as a MACROpenis.
yeah I like it now.

used to turn it off because it killed battery. These days haptic feedback battery use is nothing compared to the battery drain from all the apps I have using data in the background.

edit: on my current phone it looks like it's not active when I use the keyboard though.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I like it. Especially useful with the keyboard I use. which has where you can do a long press on letters to get all the symbols like = + - % : { etc. and it gives haptic feedback to let you know it registered.
Quote by Xiaoxi
wait you didn't complete your sentence here lemme help:

BMW driver AND avid Iphone user. Batting 1000 on the douchebag front
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Page 1 of 2