So, I'm looking to update my Washburn RX10's stock pickups.

I really like what the GFS Crunch PAT did when I put it in my Squier Bullet HSS for metal/djent/deathcore, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with that. Problem is, I'm not sure what to toss in the neck and middle. I'm thinking something that is mids-friendly, which seem like Texas-style SCs, but I'm not really sure. I'm trying to match things up. The Crunchy PAT is a 14k pickup, and I don't usually notice SCs running much above 10k. I didn't change the SCs in my Bullet and the Crunchy PAT doesn't have a noticeable volume difference to me.

I've tried Googling for an answer, but I'm either ignorant or missing the point.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Don't bother matching.

Beyond that, however, a bridge pickup will always be quieter than a neck pickup because of its location on the guitar. Until the mid-80's all guitars had two of exactly the same pickup in both positions in the guitar. The bridge pickup was always quieter because there's not as much string movement compared to at the neck position. When hotter pickups became available, some folks started putting hotter pickups in the bridge position to match up to the existing neck position pickups. Manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon, made "matched" a bullet point and sold you a bill of goods. Truth is, there's no real reason to match your pickups. In fact, on one of my guitars I have a 9.2kohm '57 (Gibson) in the bridge position and a single-coil-size humbucker (DiMarzio Fast Track II) in the neck position, and it's LOTS louder than the bridge pickup (and it's an 18K pickup besides). Surprising what you can do with that combination.
Alright, thanks. My soldering iron will be waiting for next month.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

I try to balance the three pickups for equal volume, and this is partly choosing pickups with suitable output and partly height and tilt adjustments. In your example, if I hadn't got an unmanageable volume difference, then I would leave as-is, unless there was a problem with tonal differences.
Okay. I don't notice a difference in volume between the stock SCs in my Squier before or after I swapped the stock HB for the Crunchy PAT, so I think I'm going with my original plan for the Crunchy PAT and 2 Texas SCs.

It seems like PAF derivatives are up my alley for versatility for humbuckers.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

do you want to match up the single coils with the split humbucker or the full humbucker?

to be honest any HSS or HSH guitar I've tried the singles normally were noticeably quieter than the humbucker(s).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?