There's practically zero info on these pickups on the forums, and no good reviews, so I figured I'd throw one out there.

I've been playing these for over a year now; the honeymoon period is well over, and I still prefer them to the Duncans they replaced. I was shocked at how good they sounded, and I'm just surprised they're not mentioned more often. These are the Rocker version, the moderate/high gain alnico set - they make a milder set, as well as a pair designed for heavier stuff. I prefer middle-of-the-road output from my pickups so things don't get too sloppy under heavy gain, and these absolutely fit the bill; warmth, articulation, with a nice alnico "chewiness" to the attack that I really dig. GFS sells them for $80, and puts them on sale pretty frequently for like $65 a set, and to my ears they are easily a match for Dimarzio and Duncan pickups.

Anyways, compared to larger companies, Slick/GFS has no market control/branding power so the prices are just stupidly low. For the money I think they're hard to beat, and I just wanted to get the word out!
Last edited by lumberjack at Jan 16, 2017,
Quote by Roc8995
Thread was moved to forum: Lessons

Huh. Figured it would have been more helpful in a place where people go to talk about gear. I posted this because I was looking for reviews like it when I bought the set a year ago and couldn't find anything about them in EG or GG&A; won't moving this to lessons just make it harder for people to find info on these pickups if they're searching those forums?

Either way, thanks for the heads up.
Last edited by lumberjack at Jan 16, 2017,
Too many people were spamming their youtube channels in the discussion sections regardless of interest or value so we changed the video threads rules. There is a gear demo thread or you can post reviews here, or both
(I can't merge posts into the gear demo thread, but feel free to post this there as well)
Quote by Roc8995
Too many people were spamming their youtube channels in the discussion sections regardless of interest or value so we changed the video threads rules. There is a gear demo thread or you can post reviews here, or both
(I can't merge posts into the gear demo thread, but feel free to post this there as well)

It's been a while since I was a regular around here, thanks for the info!