I got the urge to take the very first stuff I ever wrote, with a band of people less experienced than me, and remaster all the tracks I was ever able to save at home.

Trust me they were way way worse quality before eqing and multiband compressions.
I wrote most of the songs, I didn't know much about composing or the roles of instruments before joining this band, but I had the most experience going in, I wrote the lyrics too.

I also keep my very first songs I wrote in fl studio online.

I've noticed a lot of people get embarassed, chage their name, or hide/delete all their old music off the internet.

A lot of times there's a valid reason they do this, or their new label tells them to do it. But a lot of times it seems like it's just done by the artist because he doesn't want it to be associated with him anymore for whatever reason.

Are you ashamed of old art, music, and whatever else you've created? I'm not proud of my old music, but I don't feel like deleting all of it until only the best of my best is showing. I like to show my progress to other people this way.

I accidentally hit enter but that wasn't supposed to be the thread title.

If you look at this and look at one o fmy latest, dialated by daydream anatomy, I've made a lot of progress, but I don't hide my old music

People also abandon accounts over petty things, and change their username, I've always kept this one.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 16, 2017,
I'm not ashamed at the quality of my previous music or recordings, nor do i care what other people think beyond my band mates and very close musical peers. I'ts nice and cathartic looking at the progress I've made skill and artistic wise, and the changes I've made for the better. Music is an evolution, so it's pretty lame to throw away what you used to be capable of or even thought was considered good or efficient. There is definitely a sentimental value for me.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by k.lainad
I'm not ashamed at the quality of my previous music or recordings, nor do i care what other people think beyond my band mates and very close musical peers.
I'ts nice and cathartic looking at the progress I've made skill and artistic wise, and the changes I've made for the better.
Music is an evolution, so it's pretty lame to throw away what you used to be capable of or even thought was considered good or efficient. There is definitely a sentimental value for me.

That's pretty cool. There are examples of people throwing away old names and cleansing their youtube channels of music they felt undesirable. Ken ashcorp did this, but along with it deleted covers, songs that were jokes, vlogs etc, to create a channel that was just music uploads.

I don't get why he couldn't have left the old channel up, but he just deleted it all. I can't fathom why. Peole reuploaded everything from those channels, it's not like leaving home and not looking back, it's just a youtube channel. I don't get it.

A dj alex s who goes by andromylus deleted a lot of cartoon and meme related stuff from his channel when he changed his name to make more original music and put a buffer on mainstream and the nerd culture he once pandered too. He didnt' change his channel though, only the channels name.

I'd have just changed channels tbh, and kept one for when I make nerd shit.

Honestly music isn't easy, and I like to think my old stuff might show a beginner sometime that most people suck when they start out.

And for nightmare theory, girls at school actually kinda talked to us a lot more, and most people in highschool can't even take the time to form a band and practice, andwrite original songs. My old fl studio stuff is barely coherent garbage, but it's on newgrounds. I find the band stuff more nostalgic, cuz we did a lot of hanging out, and before the band broke up, the drummer was my best friend. We're still on good terms, but he lived with the singer, and complications arose, and he didn't wanna get in bad with the dude he had to live with.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 16, 2017,
As far as I'm aware, there is only one recording of me playing that has been recorded in my 10+ years of playing guitar....I think I may have deleted it accidentally a while ago, so there are probably only two other people in the world that have a copy of it.

And it's really shit.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass