Hi,

So i'm stuck with the line 6 spider 75 and trying to find the best way to get a good modern metal tone. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to guitar pedals... and am curious about if it's possible to get a nice tone by using the clean channel on the line 6 and putting on a distortion pedal? If so what are good recommendations for pedals? Or if that won't work can anyone suggest some decent amps for metal?
You arent going to get decent results running a distortion pedal into a Spider.

What is your budget, genres, your location, are you willing to buy used and are you going to be gigging? Answer those and we can definitely help point you towards a nice amp for metal.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
My budget is max $1500 but I would probably looking around $1000 unless there are great options for cheaper prices. Buying used/new doesn't really matter to me that much. I would be looking for practice and small venues and I'm in Canada. For tones i would be looking at playing August Burns Red, Trivium, Amon Amarth, Avenged Sevenfold and Of Mice and Men.
You'd definitely be able to get a 6505 (either head or combo) and a tube screamer/other effects in that budget for a good simple metal setup I'd imagine
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by jack_attack99
My budget is max $1500 but I would probably looking around $1000 unless there are great options for cheaper prices. Buying used/new doesn't really matter to me that much. I would be looking for practice and small venues and I'm in Canada. For tones i would be looking at playing August Burns Red, Trivium, Amon Amarth, Avenged Sevenfold and Of Mice and Men.
6505 and done.