I'm looking for a 1x12 tube combo, around 50 watts (2x 6l6 or 2x el34), 2 channels with independant EQ and enough headroom to keep up with a drummer (even outside) whilst staying clean. Will mostly be used for hard rock (Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi, Deep Purple, etc).

I'm not in a hurry, but would like to know what I should keep my eyes open for.

Budget? - Around 500 euro's

New or Used? - Preferably used

Home or Gig? - Both

Closest City? - Northern part of The Netherlands

Current Gear? - Engl Screamer 50 head with a Framus CS212 cab (V30's). This will probably be sold after I find a 1x12 combo. I'm a 'Guitar > Cable > Amp' type of player.

If you want to know any more, please let me know.
Ozzy, GNR, DP scream British tone. Check out Marshall DSL40, Laney Ironheart, 6505, Peavey Valve King. One of those should satisfy.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
A used Carvin V3M combo might be in that price range...good amp if you're able to find one.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I dunno..... your current setup sound like it's really good for what you want. why change? if you want get a 1x12 cab but I think you'll be making a step down amp wise
yeah... maybe s/he needs it to be portable, i guess.

jet city 50 watt 1x12 combo is well under budget though doesn't have independent eq. and the clean channel's not really all that clean. except for being totally the opposite of what s/he asked for, in other words, it's great for the money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's a he

Thanks for the recommendations. Let me explain myself a bit more. I used to play in a band, but we stopped a while back. I'm mostly playing at home lately, but will probably do some smaller random gigs and jams every now and then. I'm indeed looking for a 1x12 combo for the portability. Even though it's only a bit smaller than my current setup and will probably be a bit heavier than the head I own now.
The Screamer is a fine amp indeed. But I've had it for a few years now and it's time to try something else again. I usually don't hang onto gear forever.

Cajundaddy, thanks for these recommendations. I'll check them out for sure!

Jet City is a fine amp I'm sure (haven't heard one in person yet though), but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. The limited clean headroom seems a bit risky to me and I'd also like to have independant EQ. The Screamer has a single EQ for what is actually 4 channels, and they're balanced very well, but I do sometimes miss being able to adjust one channel without adjusting the other (maybe because I'm used to it with previous amps).

Please keep the recommendations and oppinions coming I wouldn't mind chipping in an extra hundred euros or whatever if that would open up more/better amps for me.
How do you feel about an Atomic Amplifire with a wedge FRFR monitor speaker? Won't get much lighter than that!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I'm not really into the digital stuff t.b.h.. I don't mind lifting a few extra kilo's for a tube amp. Thanks though!
The Marshall or Laney may be your best bet for the well known brands.

Maybe one of the older AOR (I think) Laneys?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Guitarist501

A few hundred more euros might get you a nice used Mesa (the Transatlantic is a personal fave) or Orange (Tiny Terror, for sure)...

The Carvin Legacy and the V3M's 100w daddy- the V3- start showing up there, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The only AOR's I usually see for sale around here are 100 watt heads, some modded with a master volume and some stock.

I'm not into Orange, or at least I didn't like the tone of the few I tried at shops. Can't remember exact models, but they were tube, not their solid state models.
Any specific Mesa's I should look out for?
I am a Mesa fanboy and their OD is sublime to my ears but it is very much an American guitar tone that tends to be smoother/creamier than Brit Marshall/Laney OD. You might like it but it will be quite different than the guitarists you named. They are also pretty rare in 220v so in Europe that means a quality voltage transformer. The Mk1 and MkV are the flagship Mesa models but most any Mesa amp will deliver the goods. I use an F series 1x12, the 50Cal and Roadster are also excellent.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Been keeping an eye out for about a week now. The most limiting factor (for choice) seems to be the independant EQ. Maybe I should drop that requirement.. What do you think?

I also see some 4xEL84 amps out there, around 30 watts, would those give me enough clean headroom? (I'm not talking about an AC30)
It depends on the amp. A Class5 Marshall for example is loud enough to keep with a drummer and is only 5 watts.

Mesa Mini Rectifier (25 watt) might do the trick - 2 channel amp, with 2 separate voicing for each channel. I love mine, very versatile and sounds almost the same as the big amp.