I am looking for some single guitar acoustic songs to play at open mic night. The only catch is that I am absolutely terrible at singing. I was looking for some intermediate acoustic guitar songs that are interesting enough played on their own. Anyone have any favorites or suggestions?
Bother- stone sour
Needle and the damage done- Neil young
Fire and rain- James taylor
Muramasa Thanks for the suggestions! I might try and arrange them where the vocals are done on the guitar or something, because they are a little too vocal heavy. I think people would get bored without the vocals. Lol.

I was thinking something like Chet Atkins or Jerry Reed, just not that difficult. A strictly acoustic song, no vocals or percussion, that is still interesting to hear.
Acoustic blues is fairly easy vocally, and lends itself for good solo accompaniment. For example, one of my favourites is "Candyman", and mine is based on the John Renbourn version. You can explain to the audience that it is a saga of sex and marriage.

"Last thing on my mind" is a good tear jerker.

Much of Bob's Dylan's stuff, especially the love songs, would be suitable and easy enough to do.
Tony DoneTony Done Wow, I have never heard of John Renbourn before! He is awesome. That is exactly what I am looking for, although if I am honest I don't know if I could actually play those songs.

To clarify a little bit, it isn't the separation of playing and singing that messes with me. I can play and sing along to music pretty well, I just have a terrible singing voice. So for the other ones, still a little too vocal heavy. I absolutely appreciate the suggestions though. I might try and transpose some of the vocal parts on to the guitar so that the melody never stops. Kind of like this acoustic version of Mad World
Transpose the chord progressions to better fit your vocal key. Talking songs are an option "Alice's Restaurant" is always popular.
Bluegrass man
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
I will Raise you one even better...
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
I was listening to that as part of a Tony Rice Youtube playlist just a few minutes ago. I know that hardcore 'grassers won't agree, but I prefer Tony's more recent jazz-oriented stuff.

I also listened to Tony Rice, Rob Ickes and a few others playing "Last thing on my mind". I also play lapsteel, and Rob's playing on that one got me itching to have a go at it. My "to do" list is already enormous, I should stop listening to Youtube.
Quote by Tony Done
I was listening to that as part of a Tony Rice Youtube playlist just a few minutes ago. I know that hardcore 'grassers won't agree, but I prefer Tony's more recent jazz-oriented stuff.

I also listened to Tony Rice, Rob Ickes and a few others playing "Last thing on my mind". I also play lapsteel, and Rob's playing on that one got me itching to have a go at it. My "to do" list is already enormous, I should stop listening to Youtube.

I know how you feel. Tony Rice is my favorite guitar player, Norman is a close second. Tony Rice jazz stuff is amazing. I listen to lot of 90s pops rock as well, but I listen to Tony every week. His version of Nine Pound Hammer floors me.