Ive got a squire telecaster, playing through a fender mustang v2 and i get the buzz when i plug it in. the noise doesnt go down when i turn down the volume knob, and it gets louder when i touch a metal part, like the bridge, strings or cord. Help???

the telecaster is probably more than 20 years old, but im not sure because my dad had it before me
Quote by joblins
Ive got a squire telecaster, playing through a fender mustang v2 and i get the buzz when i plug it in. the noise doesnt go down when i turn down the volume knob, and it gets louder when i touch a metal part, like the bridge, strings or cord. Help???

the telecaster is probably more than 20 years old, but im not sure because my dad had it before me
That sounds like the output jack wires are reversed. Desolder them from the jack tabs, switch them around, solder again.
try a different cable before you start soldering anything...i doubt the wires are reversed but it is possible a wire has come loose. Which could be the input jack, output jack or the cable. Is there any output from the amp when you strum?