Hi All

Just got myself one of these so I can basically play through my computer using Bias FX (or the like). Not really for recording but just for jamming myself as its easier to get better tones at low volumes with sims.

Anyway, I have a weird static noise issue, it seems to come on just after I stop playing guitar (like hit a chord, then mute the strings then it happens).

I have recorded it with my phone, you can find it here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4BpVvYSow81ZmdwbmZDV3d4aUk/view?usp=sharing

Here is a drawn pic of how I have it all setup:

Any idea's on whats going on? This is my first time doing anything like this between a guitar and a computer and maybe I have messed something up.

Cheers
Guitars:
Ashcustomworks: Phoenix RRV
ESP LTD: M200FM - With EMG 81/81
ESP LTD: M50 - With EMG HZ's
ESP LTD: EX50
Fender: Strat

Amps:
Peavey: Vypyr 60 Tube - 1x12
Marshall: AVT100 - 1x12 & 4x12
Sounds like something going on with your DAW engine with reverb, possibly too small of a buffer.

Try increasing your Scarlett's buffer size and retesting. If not, kill all reverbs you have (or delays) with that same buffer. Chances are, it;s the reverb messing with your DAW engine.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
I know nothing about this stuff lol. But isn't the smaller the buffer size the better as in the less lag/latency?
Guitars:

Amps:
To an extent yes, but at a certain point it becomes an issue as your computer can't handle the speeds the driver wants to process at.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Ok did a few tests.

It seems it only really does that weird noise on that specific Bias FX setting (the one with heaps of reverb and delay etc)

I cranked up the buffer to 912 (20.7) and it seems to have gone away, I think I might be picking up some lag though so will try lower.

The odd thing is that even with the default butter (128) my CPU never gets above 25%.

And yes, just using Bias FX standalone 32bit for now (DEMO).
Guitars:

Amps:
The buffer IMO has to be somewhere around 6, maximum at 10ms latency, otherwise becomes intolerable and I just track with a parallel fx pedal providing my monitored signal or amp and add the guitar effects later.

Try different USB ports, USB cable as that sometimes helps.

Maybe try some of the competing products too - Revalver, Amplitube, GuitarRig, Scuffham, Overloud, Waves, etc...