2 18%
Song 4
1 9%
Song 5
2 18%
Voters: 11.
Mini is not dead
...but his absence saddens us nonetheless

We've had a bit of minor delay *cough*twomonths*cough*, but we're back on track (sort of).

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "The Beginning (Sketch)" (seventh_angel)

2 - "Clouds" (mind_meld & SirZep)

3 - "dust ceremony" (steve_muse)

4 - "Nothing's Gonna Change" (xTURTLENECKx)

5 - "Cold Floors, Warm Beds" (ultimate-slash)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are last week's most voted songs (two whole votes each!!!):
From chev311e, the song "The Dancing Man",
and from ultimate-slash, the song "Down By The Water"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this "weekly" "contest" is there.

I'll allow some more time than usual, and the votes will be counted next Friday - 27th (murican time) / Saturday (GMT) (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
Courtesy of squeaky shoes

Check out the previous thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1713851
Tough choice, they were all really good. Went with turtle in the end, love yer voice
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Fun fact: I didn't even watch the vid I posted, but it was listed on the Youtube main page under "Animals".
listening to the jams

1. getting Dylan vibes from this, vocal style wise and the storytelling element. Really digging the guitar work and the lyricism is captivating.

2. can always count on you two to put out top tier shit lol. Intro guitar reminds me of walking through graveyards at night and Shakespearean England. Really love the transition into when the distorted guitars and pounding drums kick in, and then it drops out and feels very floaty and ominous. The epic production of it makes me want to see it in a trailer for a movie about witchcraft. (please?) is that a wah pedal on bass I hear around the 4 minute mark??

3. first thing that caught my attention was the interesting guitar strumming that sounds like it's having a seizure out of no where lol. love it. For the entire duration of the song I had no idea what was going to come next, which I dig a lot. From the out of now where piano to the pounding bass and percussion, it was very varied for a 2 minute long track.

4. (*MINE*) recorded this in one take at around 3 in the morning. about losing that special someone. (and drugs)

5. damn, that was groovy lol. I love the contrast between the percussion and the guitar/vocals. It sounds like an xylophone that comes in after the final chorus (or am i completely wrong, most likely), whatever it is, brilliant.

i thought every track this week was extremely solid and very much enjoyed listening, and probably will jam to each of these some more. after a tough decision, i went with mind_meld & SirZep.
Nice, I gotta start sending in my new stuff
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

OK gotta make more of an effort in this group :s

1 - I liked the simplicity of the vocal & guitar bits. Really digging the jazzy guitar though. Fade out was the perfect way to close that unusual ditty

3 - No idea where this music was going! I liked the element of surprise. Highlight was definitely the piano though, some parts sounded like a movie theme or something.

4 - Solid song, I felt like it could have had some more layers thrown into it, maybe some bass, but the percussion was a nice touch. Gave me nineties vibes

5 - Since I haven't really been following the group and everyone's songs lately, I'm not sure how much you've done with synths (sorry) but I like this style. Soothing but not boring or too smooth. Probably going to get my vote.

Tossing up between ultimate/ and steve_muse.
Also gotta say the production on the ulti/mindmeld songs is super impressive hopefully build towards that whenever i bother getting some new equipment
Quote by ErikLensherr

Last edited by steve_muse at Jan 19, 2017,
steve_muse
Thanks! Sir Zep has gotta take credit for this one (perhaps not for ulti though? ), I think he uses FL Studio. He can tell you more though
Last edited by mind_meld at Jan 19, 2017,
Voted on a song.

GG for keeping this going guys, you da best I still want to get back doing this, but won't be able to at least for the next few months.
Heeeeey we're back! Nice.
I love how every time Mini can't make a thread, it ends up being called RIP Minicaxotinho

We're also like 3 albums behind, I'm really sorry for that guys, haven't had much time and I haven't been on UG much. If anyone's willing to help out with the albums, we should get back on it.

Anyway really nice songs everyone, ended up voting for Seventh. Also ulti's song sounded like it was going break into Numb at any moment.
eyy it's my bowie bro
Quote by ErikLensherr

ayyy haven't seen franc in a long time
And I guess mini's just such a ripper guy.
Quote by seventh_angel
Cheers, sickman !

I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to check these, I'm sorry. When does the poll close ?

Take your time, I left it open until next week because I didn't suspect a lot of new songs would be coming this week still.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jan 21, 2017,
Quote by seventh_angel
Kind of undecided between Steve's and Turtle's. I think I'm gonna go with Steve because what mostly puts me off is that the guitars aren't really on tempo many times, but I like the idea of the composition.

Pretty great week; each song is great

yea i noticed that, but i kinda couldn't be arsed fixing it and i figured it sounded more ghostly like that or something anyway lol

also really liked your track, tho i did want your voice to do something over dem funky chords at the end. also it was another reminder of how shocked i am that you're not a native english speaker
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse

yea i noticed that, but i kinda couldn't be arsed fixing it and i figured it sounded more ghostly like that or something anyway lol

also really liked your track, tho i did want your voice to do something over dem funky chords at the end. also it was another reminder of how shocked i am that you're not a native english speaker

Funny you should mention that because those chords were an adaptation of what I composed specifically for an acoustic sketch. On the full band version, the whole thing sounds way more prog/fusion, with synth solos over a 5/4 riff, but I couldn't find a way to put it on an acoustic version, so those chords just ended up sounding really fitting. That's really why there aren't any vocals on that part.

Also, thanks a lot
Quote by ultimate-slash
Yours was great too. Kind of like a poetry recital, but with really nice guitar in the background.

I totally hear this except for its actually good

also that acoustic playing is too good you're making me look bad

also I voted for ult/ and between cold floors and warm beds I think I recommend the latter
Finally decided. Voted for steve_muse, although i think i liked ulti's song better as far as putting it on my ipod and humming along to it, but i think steve's was more interesting and it was the song i went back to listen to twice
I remember when zep collabed with me

Good week, I have some stuff I want to record but being lazy about it. I voted for zep and mind meld. Thought the song built up real nice