Hey guys!

I just purchased a Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95, and although I love it, my distortion tone is a bit different, seems like a bit less gain, a bit less chugging. I'm using it with a Line 6 Spider III, I know it sucks, going to upgrade very soon, but even so, the tone was very acceptable until I got the Cry Baby.
My main question here is if this "tone loss" is mainly due to the amp/amp distortion and fixable with a new distortion pedal, or if even using a pedal it will still be affected.

I hope I was clear enough, any question will be addressed as soon as possible!

Thanks!
Guitars:
PRS SE Bernie Marsden
Fender Sonoran SCE

Amp:
Boss Katana 100
thunderlolz GCB-95's infamously "suck" tone. Their buffered bypassing is not good. Another pedal is not really your solution, you solution is to get a true-bypass Wah. For budget Wahs I suggest the Modtone Vintage Wah. The GCB-95F has true bypass as well IIRC, as does the Crybaby Mini.
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 18, 2017,
The buffer is crap in that Cry Baby and it's sucking your tone. Putting a pedal with a good buffer in front of it is supposed to help (think anything Boss) but it was for this reason that I replaced mine with a Morley.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Well, I guess I'm returning the pedal to the store and getting something else, after a few hours the tone still sucks in my ears, even after messing with the amp settings for a while
Thanks a lot for the input guys!
Guitars:
PRS SE Bernie Marsden
Fender Sonoran SCE

Amp:
Boss Katana 100
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .