Im looking for a 212 guitar combo that would go with a wampler tripple wreck distortion pedal for metal distortion.
Can anyone help me?
need budget and to know where you are. why not get an amp that does metal distortion?
I only want to spend around 500 bucks and im in anaheim california. I love pedal distortion.
May want to find out what amps wampler uses to develope his pedals. You'll be going used at $500.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Chladely
I only want to spend around 500 bucks and im in anaheim california. I love pedal distortion.
I love using pedal distortion because it is much easier to get those levels of distortion from a single channel amp by using a "distortion button", compared to having to change my amp settings every time I need the distortion. BUT typically, amp distortion is going to be better than pedal distortion. Most typical metal tones are had by getting a "metal-voiced" amp, cranking it to a thick crunch, then boosting it just a bit over the top with an overdrive pedal like a Tubescreamer. Buying an amp FOR a pedal is a little counter productive, then, wouldn't you think?

That said, Wampler does good stuff and I imagine any proper tube combo, within reason, would work fairly nicely with his drive pedals. But if you have not bought the Triple Wreck yet, I would strongly suggest to bump your funds with it and look for something like the Peavey 6505 used, and snag a TS9 while you are at it.
^ yeah pretty much. i mean, it's his call of course, but buying an amp to suit a pedal (especially for this style of music) is kind of backwards, as you said. But if that's what he wants, that's fair enough.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?