I've been looking to upgrade my guitar as I don't have one that's all too good. A friend offered me his old PRS SE custom 24 for about 175 and he has P90 pickups in them as well as throwing in the stock pups that it came with. If I do get it I plan on switching the tuners to grovers that I have spares of. I believe it's a 2009 SE custom but I've taken a look at it and the condition is pretty much perfect. Zero dings and no noticeable scratches at all. I've pretty much just played Epis, Ibanez and Schecters so I've never played a PRS until now. I'd just like to see what the people of UG think about this guitar.
Should be well made. Have you tried it out to see if you like the feel?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz Yeah the feel is pretty nice. I have smaller hands so The neck is fine. Just want something that'll last. considering it's like 8 years old and it still looks brand new seems pretty good
It's very well documented that the SE's are solid guitars in general. For 175, you don't have much to lose.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Yeah, not seeing a downside on a $175 PRS you've actually had in your hands and liked. Assuming it has no hidden issues, its quality of manufacture is easily worth the asking price. And you could always upgrade the pickups if need be.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
PRS SE is made in World Music in Korea, they are renowned as pretty much the best guitar manufacturer outside of USA and Japan so for $175 I would go for it.

$175 is basically £150, I have spent more than that on a night out.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb