Hello everyone, I just join this forum, and I want to have more friends from worldwide .

My name is Sam Smith, I'm from San Jose, 27 years old. I'm in love with guitars, especially with acoustic and classical guitar, quiet a old freaking man, LOL . However, I just learnt how to play these stuff for 3 months. Then I found this website and I have heard many professional musicians are here. I hope from now I can make friends and master who can share things to me. I will post my first video soon. Once again, love to meet you guys, whoever wants to be my friends.

Cheer up and peace!

Tags: links redacted
Welcome to the forums, broseph
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by SamSmith90
Hello everyone, I just join this forum, and I want to have more friends from worldwide .

My name is Sam Smith, I'm from San Jose, 27 years old. I'm in love with guitars, especially with acoustic and classical guitar, quiet a old freaking man, LOL . However, I just learnt how to play these stuff for 3 months. Then I found this website and I have heard many professional musicians are here. I hope from now I can make friends and master who can share things to me. I will post my first video soon. Once again, love to meet you guys, whoever wants to be my friends.

Cheer up and peace!

Tags: links redacted
SamSmith90SamSmith90
HI Sam or should I say G'Day from Vic Australia ,
I'm Graham and a bit older nearly 72 (reversed and we're the same age). About 50 years ago I took 12months classical guitar lessons and did ok but then for various reasons I gave up until about 6months ago. How things change! My best discovery was tabs because back then you just had to read music notation which for a guitar player means you had to transpose the notes into fret positions on the run = Tooo hard by far. Now I can pick up the tabs on the run and do things like Classical Gas, Blackbird and many more of my old favorites mostly Beatles after about 2 or 3 goes through all finger style. I find though that if I do know if I know the chords with my classical training I can usually improvise. Can recommend the tabs with loop facility and tempo control, also the tuning and alternative tuning (mostly E down to D).. Good luck stick with it and more importantly have fun. Recently I tried an Open Mic session at the local pub and freaked out 'cos I lost my place so need much more confidence before I try again. Again all good wishes and good luck.
ATB Graham